The Student Room Group

Can a guy and a girl truly be just friends?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Freudian Slit
Yes. I have loads of guys that I am just friends with.

E.g. @Zargabaath, @ZuluK, @z33

I only date men who's username doesn't begin with Z :yep:

Check that gender sign, not a guy

checkm8
Reply 41

LOOOL thanks but.... am a gal :ninjagirl: :rofl: :wink: :tongue:
Original post by Zargabaath
Check that gender sign, not a guy

checkm8

Original post by z33
LOOOL thanks but.... am a gal :ninjagirl: :rofl: :wink: :tongue:

Nah you're both chicks with dicks I've seen picks.
Reply 43

Well Shemales aint males so ¬_¬
Original post by z33
Well Shemales aint males so ¬_¬

my point remains. I have no feelings that extend beyond friendship with other humans that I am technically sexually compatible with. :h:

r u a rapper?
Reply 46

:colonhash: don't tell me nympho is back again

Confused transgender boy
What the hell does a person's gender have to do with whether or not you can be friends?

I guess bisexual people can never have real friends in that case
Reply 48
Called it. If you like someone and you're single why would you reject them unless you thought some part of them was simply undesirable? Not friends.
Not this rubbish again.

Original post by insert-username
What the hell does a person's gender have to do with whether or not you can be friends?I guess bisexual people can never have real friends in that case

In bisexuality there are no friends, only prey.
Original post by Retired_Messiah
In bisexuality there are no friends, only prey.

Thanks for giving me a new motto to live by.
r u a rapper?

Ephemeral love isn't who she says she is,be careful. She comes back each time with a fake new story and picture. This is her tenth account. She goes by the name 'April' and is mixed with several backgrounds apparently studying a never ending literature course and obsessing over 'Senpai' at the library. You've probably come across several trolling accounts of hers before such as cherie amour and sweet and sour
Original post by Anonymous
Ephemeral love isn't who she says she is,be careful. She comes back each time with a fake new story and picture. This is her tenth account. She goes by the name 'April' and is mixed with several backgrounds apparently studying a never ending literature course and obsessing over 'Senpai' at the library. You've probably come across several trolling accounts of hers before such as cherie amour and sweet and sour

PM me
if the guy is homosexual then yes. if not, they get a beer and **** her right in the pussy.
PM me

Why? Stay safe bredda
All i will say is.

They can, (CAN being the dominant word in the sentence)
Original post by Anonymous
Why? Stay safe bredda

cheers fam
cheers fam

No worries G
Yeah they can, you can find your opposite sex friends attractive without it being a barrier to friendship.

What is a barrier is if one party fancies the other to the extent that it causes feelings of jealousy, bitterness etc, and the feelings aren't returned. In that case its usually not a friendship its either that party hanging around secretly hoping for more (when it won't happen) or hanging around having accepted nothing will happen, but still doing it anyway because they have become dependent on the contact from that person.

I think its a real issue for some guys who are just not very good at forming real relationships, when they get a close female friend then effectively that friend fills that gap in their life, ok they aren't having sex but they are getting a girl to talk to a lot and to share their feelings with and then if that girl gets a boyfriend it will feel like a break up to the guy.

These kinds of 'friendships' aren't healthy and will cause problems.

However in general opposite sex friendships are healthy and good and I have much more meaningful chats with my female friends than male friends and find I can talk to them more naturally about some things when I'd feel awkward with other guys. I find most of them attractive and if they are dressed sexily or whatever I notice but it doesn't change things.

There are also opposite sex friendships that have the potential for more, and sometimes this develops, sometimes it doesn't, it just depends on circumstance. For there to be the potential for more there needs to have been some mutual chemistry at the start, and this can happen when one or both partners are in a relationship with someone else. At a later point circumstances can change.

But I think there are some friendships that always simmer around at a level higher than usual friendship, there's an underlying tension there. Sometimes these can be volatile and have a lot of arguments mixed it with a lot of times when you get on incredibly well together. Again whether you get together will come down to a lot of other factors but you can always tell it's not a normal friendship.
Reply 59
Original post by gertautas
Nah you always wanna smash her :s-smilie:

Yep^

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending