The Student Room Group

Should I ask this guy out (I am also a guy)?

We are both currently taking our A Levels, and are set to finish by summer.

Both of us get along very well, we both want to study the same course at University and our interests are shared. I personally think I am bisexual, but I am not sure if he is gay/bisexual.

Both of our Universities we accepted are a large distance apart from each other, so I am not sure whether I should ask this guy out. I was considering asking during the summer, but I have never been with another guy before, I am nervous and I think it might be too late with University commitments starting in October for both of us.

Could I please have some advice from anyone and their experiences as to whether to ask this person out?
Original post by Anonymous

Both of us get along very well, we both want to study the same course at University and our interests are shared. I personally think I am bisexual, but I am not sure if he is gay/bisexual.

Both of our Universities we accepted are a large distance apart from each other, so I am not sure whether I should ask this guy out. I was considering asking during the summer, but I have never been with another guy before, I am nervous and I think it might be too late with University commitments starting in October for both of us.

Could I please have some advice from anyone and their experiences as to whether to ask this person out?

Hmm, tricky one.

I'd suggest you find out if he's gay/bi before you do anything else! Maybe subtly try and find out his type, or stalk him on Facebook for evidence- or just ask! There's nothing worse than having a crush on someone who isn't your way inclined :colonhash:

Once you've figured this out, ask him out on a date and see how it goes. I wouldn't worry about the universities thing; if it all works out then you've got all summer to solidify your relationship and then you could always try long distance?

Or it might just be a summer romance and that's cool too.

Good luck! :h:
Reply 2
Original post by Tank Girl
Hmm, tricky one.

I'd suggest you find out if he's gay/bi before you do anything else! Maybe subtly try and find out his type, or stalk him on Facebook for evidence- or just ask! There's nothing worse than having a crush on someone who isn't your way inclined :colonhash:

Once you've figured this out, ask him out on a date and see how it goes. I wouldn't worry about the universities thing; if it all works out then you've got all summer to solidify your relationship and then you could always try long distance?

Or it might just be a summer romance and that's cool too.

Good luck! :h:

Thank you for your advice! It definately helped to improve my confidence to ask him at a point when I feel ready :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous

I agree with Tank Girl you need to find out whether he is interested in you or if he is gay/bi, was he in a relationship before? You might want to try some subtle flirting to see his reaction before asking him out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending