The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I'm 18, and never had a boyfriend, first kiss or even a date. It feels like everyone else in my sixth has! I'm going to university, but I feel like it will be just the same with me being the one who is ignored and forever alone while everyone around me is in a relationship.

Your time will come .. don't rush ..
Do you go to a mixed sixth form? Have you shown any interest in guys? Have guys shown any interest in you? Do you have a considerable amount of male friends?

Don't beat yourself up about it, it's fine for now :h:
Reply 3
Not a big deal.

If you are 25-ish then it may be a problem (or rather, be indicative of a problem). But until then don't stress about it, just enjoy life, everything else will come in time.
Reply 4
Keep at it. It is only for the 'very attractive set' that dating is like falling off a log (and they have angst too). For the rest of us, the majority, it takes hard works. So patience and tenacity and you will get there. Uni is a rich hunting ground too.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm 18, and never had a boyfriend, first kiss or even a date. It feels like everyone else in my sixth has! I'm going to university, but I feel like it will be just the same with me being the one who is ignored and forever alone while everyone around me is in a relationship.

You'll meet someone in your first term.
Reply 6
I've also never had a boyfriend. :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
I'm 17 and will be 18 in a few months and I've never had a girlfriend, quite a few of my friends haven't either. You're not alone and I suggest not worrying about it, just knuckle down and focus on your exams to get to uni where chances are you'll get a boyfriend. Using none anonymous to show it doesn't bother me.
I'm 19 never had a boyfriend or first kiss so take that!
Reply 9
Original post by Blondie987

Reply 10
It ain't a competition, for me it's because I'm just socially awkward and refuse to talk to most people in real life
Reply 11
I'm 22 and I have never had a boyfriend or even kissed a boy.

Spoiler

you do realise this is tsr

you are probably in the majority.
Original post by g g
I'm 22 and I have never had a boyfriend or even kissed a boy.

Spoiler

EDIT:I'm sorry gg that was kinda mean :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)
dw, your time will come lol. It's not an issue!
Reply 15
Original post by Shillary
you do realise this is tsr

you are probably in the majority.

Half the people reading this thread probably didn't know there was an opposite sex until they read the first post
Original post by Zarek
Keep at it. It is only for the 'very attractive set' that dating is like falling off a log (and they have angst too). For the rest of us, the majority, it takes hard works. So patience and tenacity and you will get there. Uni is a rich hunting ground too.

It certainly is, but referring to it as a hunting ground is slightly creepy.
Reply 17
At universities rich people hunt the most dangerous prey known to humankind...humans
Reply 18
EDIT:I'm sorry gg that was kinda mean :frown:

Blondie how could you I thought you were on my side? :cry2:
Original post by g g
Blondie how could you I thought you were on my side? :cry2:

Well, I don't know about that but I certainly apologise if I caused any offence, there is no excuse :redface:

Latest

Trending

Trending