The Student Room Group

Would you be in a romantic relationship with someone who couldn't cook?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MLPforever
Why don't you learn? It's not hard to cut an onion...

that would come under "work around"...
I really don't mind... :smile: No cook or great cook or anyone in between!
Reply 22
Original post by Joel 96
You mean just using an oven? **** me, it's easy.

Nope. cutting onions and garlic, frying them, adding chicken (after cutting it), boiling noodles...
Its great if they can, but its also fun if they cnat becayse you cna then teacch them. Cooking together and learning is great fun imo. Its hardly a deal breaker.

1. You might like love them
2. they could have a great soh.
3. good companion.
4. hot
5. generally likeable and respect them.
6 intelligent.

etc etc not cooking isnt a biggie in the scheme of things.
(edited 8 years ago)
It isn't a problem for me as lately I've started meal prepping etc .*. we can meal prep together :heart: :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
yes lol
Reply 26
Original post by 999tigger
Its great if they can, but its also fun if they cnat becayse you cna then teacch them. Cooking together and learning is great fun imo. Its hardly a deal breaker.

1. You might like love them
2. they could have a great soh.
3. good companion.
4. hot
5. generally likeable and respect them.
6 intelligent.

etc etc not cooking isnt a biggie in the scheme of things.

Nope. I have certain requirements for someone to be interested in them, being able to cook/bake and enjoying it is one of them.
Yeah because I'm not the best at cooking either.

I'm currently seeing someone who's a fine dining chef, but I'm more of a frozen chicken nugget and chips girl haha. I love watching him cook though!
Nope. I have certain requirements for someone to be interested in them, being able to cook/bake and enjoying it is one of them.

Well great for you, but tbh if that was the only drawback, then id have fun learning to cook or teaching them. its a lot easier than it is to learn to cook or develop enjoyment for it than develop a likeable personality or any of the other aspects.

If you have your pick if people then great for you, but there are more importnat aspects of a person than cooking.
i have been and i prefered it, that way i knew what i was getting to eat for dinner was edible
Original post by the bear
you should see my coq au vin :smug:

Rich and meaty I presume. :tongue:

Any secret ingredients? :wink:
No it would not be a problem as i can't really cook either :colondollar:
Original post by whorace
I like teaching and I like cooking. If anything it would be fun, surely? Some people have no imagination :tongue:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Natural-Harvest-collection-semen-based-recipes/dp/1481227041

:wink:
I personally couldn't be with someone who isn't able to cook. (Using premade sauces don't count)

Why's that important ?
They just have to be willing to learn. One day I'll invite him over and be like '' you gon' learn today" and Bob's your uncle. Most of the guys I've dated know how to cook...only one of them actually cooked for me.
Reply 35
Original post by xobeauty
Why's that important ?

The reason why I couldn't be with someone who isn't able to cook is because I don't want to be responsible for feeding someone who is should be able to feed themselves. Cooking is a life skill.
Yes because I happen to be an excellent cook :biggrin:

Of course it would be nice to be treated to a home cooked meal at times but it's hardly the end of the world if I can't have that because my own cooking will make up for it.
I don't think that it would bother me
I haven't yet learnt how to cook, so, yeah, erm, I have no excuse to not date them for that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending