The Student Room Group

Dating a girl at uni

This girl and I met on tinder and have been talking for a number of weeks now. We get on really well over messaging, have a lot in common. The problem is that I haven't actually met her yet and she has gone home for easter now so there is no chance of meeting her, she only has one exam and is just coming in for her exam then going home for summer. I don't really know what to do, I'm pretty sure she likes me and I really like her. Do I just keep talking to her over the whole summer and then meet her in September for 2nd year? :biggrin:
I'm thinking she must be interested too since she still talks to me and knows she probably won't have the chance to meet me.

Any advice TSR? I'm extremely inexperienced when it comes to dating
Original post by Anonymous
This girl and I met on tinder and have been talking for a number of weeks now. We get on really well over messaging, have a lot in common. The problem is that I haven't actually met her yet and she has gone home for easter now so there is no chance of meeting her, she only has one exam and is just coming in for her exam then going home for summer. I don't really know what to do, I'm pretty sure she likes me and I really like her. Do I just keep talking to her over the whole summer and then meet her in September for 2nd year? :biggrin:
I'm thinking she must be interested too since she still talks to me and knows she probably won't have the chance to meet me.

Any advice TSR? I'm extremely inexperienced when it comes to dating

This sounds bold but have you asked for her number?
Reply 2
Original post by Rock Fan
This sounds bold but have you asked for her number?

She asked for my number, weve been talking over text for a while now
Reply 3
Anyone else have any thoughts on the matter?
Next time she contacts you, ask her when she's free and tell her you'd like to meet up... if she says no or says she's busy (or whatever) without offering another date, move on.

She could meet another guy during the summer.
Reply 5
Original post by Brutum Fulmen
Next time she contacts you, ask her when she's free and tell her you'd like to meet up... if she says no or says she's busy (or whatever) without offering another date, move on.

I realise that but its just the distance thing, id feel bad if i made her travel but then also think is it desperate of me to travel to her just to meet up for the first time, also wouldnt know where to take her or anything since ive never been where she lives.
Original post by Anonymous
I realise that but its just the distance thing, id feel bad if i made her travel but then also think is it desperate of me to travel to her just to meet up for the first time, also wouldnt know where to take her or anything since ive never been where she lives.

How far apart do you live? I travelled 5+ hours last summer to meet a guy who I'd only been on one date with (and slept with a few more times...)
Reply 7
Original post by iheartdjokovic
How far apart do you live? I travelled 5+ hours last summer to meet a guy who I'd only been on one date with (and slept with a few more times...)

Like an hour or so from uni to hers or 3 hours from our houses. I know its not that far just it'll be the first time meeting and i feel kinda bad if i just say wanna meet somewhere near yours
Reply 8
Original post by Brutum Fulmen

If she has a social life she probably will meet another guy... Most people are
replaceable it's a sad fact of life.
If she really likes you then she won't think you are "desperate" for travelling to meet her. Just arrange a date and do it soon otherwise she will lose interest and meet someone new.
What's the point of hounding over this one girl when you're not even exclusive and haven't met irl? If you're too far away from each other over the summer then just go on dates with other girls closer to you. She'll probably be meeting other people as well.

If neither of you are exclusive by the time summer ends then re-establish contact.

Alternatively, if both of you really like each other and don't want to see other people yet then just make an effort to travel to see each other over the holiday
When she has her exam ask to meet up then as it will be slightly easier if its an hour away and see whether you are compatible. You don't want to pine for her all summer and when you do finally meet up you realise there is no chemistry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending