The Student Room Group

Would you ever get back with an ex who cheated?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by MountKimbie
When the 'children' are 18 years old and unconditionally love that lying cheat, it's different.

I'd question how many 18 year olds have unconditional love for their cheating mother, if I found out she did that to my dad she'd be gone from my life and i'm not even close to him
Reply 21
Original post by callum_20011
depending on the size of their breasts

I never thought about this
Depends how much time has passed. Once you cheat things are never the same, so you have to decide if you can build soemthing different and that its something you are able to let go. I would never say never, but its a hard thing to move past imo circs are everything.
Original post by whorace
I'd question how many 18 year olds have unconditional love for their cheating mother, if I found out she did that to my dad she'd be gone from my life and i'm not even close to him

Or father, and more than you'd realize.
Relationship ruining as far as I'd be concerned, no point in continuing it.
No. Monopoly is a sacred game of trust. If someone I'm with cheated then I'm done with them.
Trust and loyalty is so important within a relationship, and can take a lot of time and care to build up. So the idea of someone exploiting that level of trust is, for me at least, quite sickening. Of course I could never say for sure of what I'd do because it depends upon so many factors, but for the most part, I'd struggle to remain friends with, let alone become romantically attached with a cheating ex.
Original post by MountKimbie
As a young person, no, never. But when you have significant emotional/financial investments in your partner such as a house, kids, 25 years marriage it may be different then.

Agree.

It's not easy to simply extricate yourself from a life you have lived for several decades or more.
No.
Reply 29
Nah blud
No, I don't think so. Unless it was the kind of thing where you got together at like 18/19, they cheated once, then years later you met again, I don't necessarily believe in the whole 'once a cheater always a cheater' but like people have said, trust is an important part of a relationship that might not be there any more
Original post by queen-bee
I never could

Have you been cheated on?
Original post by WoodyMKC
Relationship ruining as far as I'd be concerned, no point in continuing it.

Who could cheat on those biceps. :teeth:
Original post by stefano865
Who could cheat on those biceps. :teeth:

I do cheat-curls to finish them off quite regularly.
Original post by WoodyMKC
I do cheat-curls to finish them off quite regularly.

:tongue:

So have you been cheated on out of interest?
Probably depends on what is considered cheating, and how long have been with them. One off isn't so bad, as everyone can make mistakes; whereas something planned is far worse and definitely relationship breaking.
No mainly because I could never ever see them in the same way again.
Reply 37
Nope. If they cheat then they are nothing other than a waste of time. Don't think I'd even want to be friends with someone who cheats.
Original post by stefano865
:tongue:

So have you been cheated on out of interest?

Nah. Though I've been left because she wanted to get back with her ex, then she came to me a week later telling me she wanted to get back with me and she'd "made a massive mistake" but I wasn't having it. Even begged my mum to convince me to change my mind :rofl: Not sure if she ever told him that but they stayed together :lol:

And you?
i do like to forgive people but i wouldnt want to be in a relationship scared that he could cheat on me again

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending