The Student Room Group

When Islam is the majority religious group in the UK...

Do you agree, to serve the majority religious group that they are allowed to have Islamic teachings inscribed into law?

Surely a sensible person would say yes as this is only fair

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Arsenal96123
Do you agree, to serve the majority religious group that they are allowed to have Islamic teachings inscribed into law?

---
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by mightybis0n
Lol no, are you mad?

Having barbaric, backwards laws implemented would be absurd

But they as the majority group deserve that right do they not? The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few
LOL, Spurs and Leicester are finishing above you this season
Reply 4
Since everybody here will be long dead by the time that happened - if it happens at all - nobody's opinion matters.
Original post by Drewski
Since everybody here will be long dead by the time that happened - if it happens at all - nobody's opinion matters.

Islam is the fastest growing religion mate. People are seeing it for what it really is
Reply 6
Islam is the fastest growing religion mate. People are seeing it for what it really is

Only by dint of every other religion dropping by ridiculous amounts.

It would still take decades to become the dominant religion in this country, if ever.
Islamophobia at its best, reported

---
(edited 6 years ago)
But they as the majority group deserve that right do they not? The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few

Majority religious group? Eh? You seem to be consistently talking out of your arse and looking at some of your recent threads I'm starting to suspect troll.

No, "if" Islam becomes the majority religious group in the UK there should be even further efforts to counter the disgusting and violent ideology that it is.
Original post by Drewski
Only by dint of every other religion dropping by ridiculous amounts.

It would still take decades to become the dominant religion in this country, if ever.

Thats your opinion, but if it does you agree that Islamic values should become law?
To be with your violent friends I presume? Islam is also the fastest growing religion in Burma too :colone:

I doubt thats going to happen. if anything, having no religion is the largest religion in the UK (something that appears to be growing with time)
Thats your opinion, but if it does you agree that Islamic values should become law?

That's fact.

I realise that for someone like you, dealing with facts is tricky, but do try to keep up.
---
(edited 6 years ago)

You don't need or have the right to enforce your religious beliefs, or indeed lack thereof, on anyone else.
Reply 15
If Islam became the largest religious group in the UK then the correct way to go about things would be to remove all aspects of religion from politics and become a truly secular state, not 'adopt' some new religion. Islam might become the largest religious group in the UK but they will never outnumber non-Muslims.

Christian traditions are tolerated in politics and the monarchy and the like because of nearly 2000 years of entwined tradition. That's why it would be foolish to be 'progressive' and add other religions into the coronation of the next sovereign (who is Head of the Church of England) instead of actually being progressive enough to remove all religious aspects (It's not progressive to do any of these things, it's cultural genocide akin to Communist China).

No sane person would support such nonsense in this minor form, but to adopt vile Islamic laws and customs would never be accepted by British people who have a long history of supporting fairness, personal freedom and common law. Islam's barbarity is incompatible with our ingrained, collective British values.

in the world mainly by birth rate and by the reality its not been around as long as any other faith
in the UK non denomination group has grow far larger than muslims, so no it cant happen. besides the fact that other faiths such as hindus and sikhs are growing in the uk, and they wouldnt allow that to happen either. and if all else failed , im sure their would be an open door policy for israelis to settle here before that was ever allowed to happen...
Original post by cranbrook_aspie
You don't need or have the right to enforce your religious beliefs, or indeed lack thereof, on anyone else.

I never said enforcing, but by due political and democratic process
Reply 18
as a muslim i think we shouldnt. if you want Islamic laws then move to an Islamic country. its wrong to impose them in Britain when it isnt even a muslim country or anything and there are lost of non muslims in the UK.
I never said enforcing, but by due political and democratic process

Writing Islamic law into British law is enforcing it on everyone else.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending