The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by fearless96
Because I still love him. I get upset about him every single day. and I know I need to let go and move on. But I can't :-(
Well I can, I just find it difficult . He was there 24/7. It's so hard to snap out of the routine. I hate what he's become . And how he acts towards me. And I know I ain't ever going to get what I used to get .. Like we had a conversation tonight regarding a movie we both had watched apart.. And I asked who he went with from his old school. He literally snapped at me and told me to mind my own business.

What did I do wrong ??

And then after all of that he said ' goodnight x miss you'

All I said was well you're seeing me tomorrow and you'll realise that there isn't much to miss about me '.

He was emotionally manipulative and abusive. He is not worth your time.

Block his number, tell him where to go and don't offer your services as a taxi.

If he refuses to accept that, go to the police. Emotional abuse and manipulation is a crime. You will probably have text conversations in which he has belittled you or tried to manipulate you. That is evidence. Keep hold of it because you might well need it.

You did nothing wrong. At all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I will still go tomorrow, but how do I act? Do I act all pally. Or do I keep it blunt . I really want him to see I'm stronger cause I am trying my upmost best to not let things get to me. But sometimes it does take its toll and tears me down.

Well if it were me and I went I'd probably be bitter (and given you've already decided).

But as users have said, you're emotionally too weak for it!

If it makes you this miserable, better off cutting ties and spending time with someone that doesn't treat you in the manner he has?

Also why bother being strong for his case? Do you still love him?
Reply 22
Original post by whorace
I don't give a crap about his grandad and neither should you, you're making excuses for his behaviour because you are a nice and decent person and he is an abusive twit who is probably using you to get over his personal issues. He's an absolute loser, he will never accept personal responsibility, he will blame you for everything, there is nothing wrong with you. If he wanted help getting over his grandad he should have stopped being a stupid prat.

My mum said the same about him. He's always been able to get into my head and make me feel and see things in his perspective. He's evil basically.
I do rise above things he says to me in person etc when we're out especially his stupid sarcastic jokes .. But I tend to sit there and say no I'm not having it and then he gets moody because I can't ' take a joke' .
Reply 23
My mum said the same about him. He's always been able to get into my head and make me feel and see things in his perspective. He's evil basically.
I do rise above things he says to me in person etc when we're out especially his stupid sarcastic jokes .. But I tend to sit there and say no I'm not having it and then he gets moody because I can't ' take a joke' .

Find someone else, literally anyone. Even guys that use you for sex probably aren't going to treat you this badly -.-

You sound lonely more than anything, do you have many friends?
Reply 24
Original post by Binary Freak
Well if it were me and I went I'd probably be bitter (and given you've already decided).

But as users have said, you're emotionally too weak for it!

If it makes you this miserable, better off cutting ties and spending time with someone that doesn't treat you in the manner he has?

Also why bother being strong for his case? Do you still love him?

I do still love him. I really care about this guy. He's been there through my months of self harm and depression.
I think that's why it has so much of
An impact on me. We'd be on the phone from morning till we fall asleep on the phone to eachother at night . He's just adapted way too quickly doing his own thing then I have . I'm at uni, he's at college ( he's a year behind) i don't really have ' friends ' I hang with or talk to..
Reply 25
Original post by whorace
Find someone else, literally anyone. Even guys that use you for sex probably aren't going to treat you this badly -.-

You sound lonely more than anything, do you have many friends?

I don't really have friends tbh. I don't live out at uni, cause I don't need to. I don't have much luck with friends because they always backstab me . I'm too nice, I give people my all to receive 0 back.
Reply 26
I don't really have friends tbh. I don't live out at uni, cause I don't need to. I don't have much luck with friends because they always backstab me . I'm too nice, I give people my all to receive 0 back.

You need to, honestly if you explained your situation to a group of people at university not only is no one going to care but you'll probably get lots of support. You might be one of the only people who have been in an abusive relationship, but no one, no one likes their ex, at least not in public, you women get it lucky you can bond instantly over slagging off guys.
Reply 27
Original post by Katty3
He was emotionally manipulative and abusive. He is not worth your time.

Block his number, tell him where to go and don't offer your services as a taxi.

If he refuses to accept that, go to the police. Emotional abuse and manipulation is a crime. You will probably have text conversations in which he has belittled you or tried to manipulate you. That is evidence. Keep hold of it because you might well need it.

You did nothing wrong. At all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

He's not someone that will hold me back if I walk away. I'm choosing not to leave . I said to him the other day that I cared about him. He said the same . I said do u want to be friends or what? He said no cause you can't be friends .
And then I said well should I go then? And he said no. So ...
I do still love him. I really care about this guy. He's been there through my months of self harm and depression.
I think that's why it has so much of
An impact on me. We'd be on the phone from morning till we fall asleep on the phone to eachother at night . He's just adapted way too quickly doing his own thing then I have . I'm at uni, he's at college ( he's a year behind) i don't really have ' friends ' I hang with or talk to..

Ouch! Definitely a brutal feeling! But since it's obvious! Go meet him. Be bitter with him, show him you're strong and independent, then go from there? If his attitude is the same, then seriously.. Go find someone worthy of your time! :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by whorace
You need to, honestly if you explained your situation to a group of people at university not only is no one going to care but you'll probably get lots of support. You might be one of the only people who have been in an abusive relationship, but no one, no one likes their ex, at least not in public, you women get it lucky you can bond instantly over slagging off guys.

I did talk to people at my uni regarding the situation. I tend to get on with guys more than girls . And my guy friend said to leave him. He's not worth it. But
Literally everytime I felt that courage id think yes I can do it, and then I get dragged down again and start speaking to him again.

There's only so much people can say to me:frown: it's up to me to make a change . But it's hardddddd
Reply 30
Ouch! Definitely a brutal feeling! But since it's obvious! Go meet him. Be bitter with him, show him you're strong and independent, then go from there? If his attitude is the same, then seriously.. Go find someone worthy of your time! :smile:

Zero chance of that happening, if she meets him in this state they'll be in bed this time tommorow and she'll feel like crap in a relationship again. Guys like this are so obvious.
Reply 31

I don't want to ruin my reputation from being with one guy to the next .
This society of ' relationships ' is crazy . But yeah I will do that this evening , I'll just put the music loud lol. And hopefully by the end of the movie come to some sort of conclusion of whether I just wanna kick his ass to the side curb or still ride with him.
Thank you so much xxxx
Original post by whorace
Zero chance of that happening, if she meets him in this state they'll be in bed this time tommorow and she'll feel like crap in a relationship again. Guys like this are so obvious.

Yeah it's zero chance, but I can already see how it's going to go! She'll meet him regardless.. Hell, stupidly enough I'd probably do the same given the circumstances. I initially thought this was just about some promise. But if she loves him then the choice has been made before we gave input!
Reply 33
Original post by whorace

No I won't be in bed with him again. That's not happening . I'm just going to go and watch this movie I wanted to watch, come out, take him home. Come home myself and sleep.
Reply 34
Yeah it's zero chance, but I can already see how it's going to go! She'll meet him regardless.. Hell, stupidly enough I'd probably do the same given the circumstances. I initially thought this was just about some promise. But if she loves him then the choice has been made before we gave input!

It's really tough . This has been going on since October. It's really messing with my head
Reply 35

Agreed, I don't think any sensible advice could convince someone in this position otherwise.
No I won't be in bed with him again. That's not happening . I'm just going to go and watch this movie I wanted to watch, come out, take him home. Come home myself and sleep.

why?

Tell us honestly why you are going to watch this movie with him?
I don't want to ruin my reputation from being with one guy to the next .
This society of ' relationships ' is crazy . But yeah I will do that this evening , I'll just put the music loud lol. And hopefully by the end of the movie come to some sort of conclusion of whether I just wanna kick his ass to the side curb or still ride with him.
Thank you so much xxxx

Uhmm I wouldn't be too concerned about jumping. Just don't preach around, or leach onto peeps! Otherwise it does give that impression!

Sounds like a plan, but if it happens again.. A literal repeat then do your mind a favour and just don't bother with it. Speaking from experience, it will tear you apart like nothing else!

Hope it goes well though!
Reply 38
Original post by SophieSmall
why?

Tell us honestly why you are going to watch this movie with him?

I want to watch the movie . And I'd feel bad for backing out.
Reply 39
Uhmm I wouldn't be too concerned about jumping. Just don't preach around, or leach onto peeps! Otherwise it does give that impression!

Sounds like a plan, but if it happens again.. A literal repeat then do your mind a favour and just don't bother with it. Speaking from experience, it will tear you apart like nothing else!

Hope it goes well though!

Again I really appreciate all the advice and positive talk xx

Latest

Trending

Trending