The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Best and worst things about Nottingham university

I am thinking about firming Nottingham but I just wanted to hear current students thoughts on the uni and what they thought was the best and worst things about it. I am applying for Physics
Original post by Broscientist
Best:
- Excellent facilities (yet the University continues to invest heavily)
- Really strong reputation among employers (top companies have a strong presence in every job/career fair I have paid attention to)
- Huge variety in terms of societies
- Beautiful campuses
- I have had a very good academic experience so far

Worst:
- Catered food is inconsistent (some days absolutely delicious, others too spicy)
- Uneven distribution of international students between halls (some halls have a lot more international students than others)
- Sports facilities can become a bit over-crowded atm (on Jubilee campus) but hopefully this will improve once they finish the construction of the David Ross Sports Village
- Sometimes there are too many people for the coach buses (especially in the end of the day) so some people will not be able to get on board for the first one and have to wait for another one

That's it for now, really.

Thanks! Sounds very nice. What course are you taking?
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
I love spicy food, not bothered about international students, won't be on Jubilee Campus and not too fussed about waiting for another bus (living in london it happens often anyway :wink:)

So basically there all the 'worst things' aren't even a problem for me :biggrin: brilliant

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending