The Student Room Group

Very confused about a guy???? Help :(

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I see him most days at sixth form, we have a few classes together. Even when we haven't had a class on that day we usually still see each other. Just wish I knew If he liked me.. Do you think I'm overthinking or do you think it sounds like he does like me?

If he's done nothing about either he doesn't, or is just extremely shy.

Time for you to pull the trigger - don't make this something you regret.

Posted from TSR Mobile
There's this guy who has shown me strange signs for almost a year now. In September he kept sitting with me (just me and him) in all my free periods, but at first not talking ( shy perhaps..) but then he started getting chattier with me. We then added each other on social networks, but it was always me who would like posts, and we never really spoke online. But he kept staring at me in class, gave me several car lifts, he tried to sit next to me whenever possible, staring at me during every class, and lingering around in the room to walk out with just me down the corridor. And then one day I thought he had doodled his name on my folder but I'm still unsure about that. He would compliment me too in front of everyone and say to the teacher that I'm really clever, or a really nice person. One day he wanted to share a book with me, rather than just use his own. And every lunchtime he all of a sudden seemed to be wherever I was, and started listening to the same music as me, possibly on purpose.

Then we had a strange time in January where we kinda stopped talking, we stopped sitting together, and everything sorta faded out, for no valid reason. He then wrote on some paper one day "what's going on??" ( not to me personally he just wrote it)

But recently he's starting talking to me again, and keeps looking at me. He's been asking me strange questions like homework questions/ answers that he had in front of him but "just wanted to double check with me.." He also asked me which building we were in for next period, when he had already put his bag in there, so he already knew the answer to the question. I really don't know what to do anymore or what to think? I thought we had something and then I gave up, but now I'm beginning to wonder if he still likes me..Anyone suggest anything??

Hey, message me I have been in a situation like this and thought it will be easier to message so if you see this message I can perhaps help
Original post by lostandfound86
Hi Anonymous, this is really confusing. LOL however, don't assume on things unless stated (I didn't mean you're up to something). Guys' minds are really broad. They think beyond our imagination. In your situation, perhaps, he might like you. But the next big question is "as what"? or "what's your role in his life"? He might want you to be his friend, or he sees someone in your persona, etc. So, there are lots of possibilities.

You'll get hurt if you assume and won't happen as expected.

Hope this helps! :colondollar:

Thank you! helped a lot! do you personally think he likes me from what ive described? do you think i should try flirt with him and see if anythign happens?
Original post by qwerty_mad
If he's done nothing about either he doesn't, or is just extremely shy.

Time for you to pull the trigger - don't make this something you regret.

Posted from TSR Mobile

it took him just over a year to pluck up the courage to ask his last girlfriend out.. maybe hes shy or maybe he isnt interested, but then theres a lot of signs that show he is...

Do you think i should just give up on him, i was going to but then hes started asking me all these random questions that he knows the answrs to just for an excuuse to talk to me, and he keeps "appearing" where i am at lunch.
it took him just over a year to pluck up the courage to ask his last girlfriend out.. maybe hes shy or maybe he isnt interested, but then theres a lot of signs that show he is...

Do you think i should just give up on him, i was going to but then hes started asking me all these random questions that he knows the answrs to just for an excuuse to talk to me, and he keeps "appearing" where i am at lunch.

The way you're behaving I don't think you'd be able to give up on him - if only it were a switch!

If you think there a strong signs to indicate he might like you (and you like him back) course you should flirt and be more open. You'll become more confident with each other in that sense and can decide where to go next.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Emi1998
Hi

Hey
Original post by qwerty_mad
The way you're behaving I don't think you'd be able to give up on him - if only it were a switch!

If you think there a strong signs to indicate he might like you (and you like him back) course you should flirt and be more open. You'll become more confident with each other in that sense and can decide where to go next.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay thanks!!
Okay so, who thinks He actually likes me? From what I described on my first post? Or who thinks I'm overthinking things... I need guys and girls opinions please :smile:
please someone help!! desperate for some advice :frown: am i overthinking this or does he actually like me??
He defo likes you.

Odd that you like him back most women would find his behaviour creepy.
You've got four pages of advice here OP, pretty much all of which is saying the same sort of thing! :smile: So I think you have your answer :smile: Find some confidence in yourself and take some action - that doesn't necessarily have to be straight to asking him out, but up the stakes in terms of talking to him more often / in a different way. Whatever you think is most appropriate for you guys. I'm 26 now, and only the other day, I was thinking about a guy who, in college, I was crazy about, and never told/remotely showed him how I felt as I was so scared of the rejection. In hindsight, now that I have more life experience and maturity, I'm almost certain he did like me too at that time, but thought I wasn't interested.

Life is short, so make it sweet - you have nothing to lose and potentially a lot to gain :smile: Good luck, let us know how things go!
Original post by banterboy
He defo likes you.

Odd that you like him back most women would find his behaviour creepy.

Okay I'm really glad you think so.. I kinda feel honoured that someone like that may actually care about me, or even notice me since I'm quite shy and unpopular compared to him.
Okay I'm really glad you think so.. I kinda feel honoured that someone like that may actually care about me, or even notice me since I'm quite shy and unpopular compared to him.

My advice is to start tentatively flirting with him, make it obvious (boys wont pick up on signals as well as a girl would) and if he doesn't respond in anyway just withdraw.
Original post by LittleRed
You've got four pages of advice here OP, pretty much all of which is saying the same sort of thing! :smile: So I think you have your answer :smile: Find some confidence in yourself and take some action - that doesn't necessarily have to be straight to asking him out, but up the stakes in terms of talking to him more often / in a different way. Whatever you think is most appropriate for you guys. I'm 26 now, and only the other day, I was thinking about a guy who, in college, I was crazy about, and never told/remotely showed him how I felt as I was so scared of the rejection. In hindsight, now that I have more life experience and maturity, I'm almost certain he did like me too at that time, but thought I wasn't interested.

Life is short, so make it sweet - you have nothing to lose and potentially a lot to gain :smile: Good luck, let us know how things go!

I kinda get the feeling that from recent comments people think he likes me? :smile: do you think I should try sit with him more, or like maybe ask him for a car lift one day, rather than wait to be offered for one? I've never been in his car with just me and him, his friends have always been there so would be good to talk alone. I thought about asking him to like hang out in town or go and get a coffee, but I'm scared he'll say no..

Thanks so much for your advice, it's been so helpful :smile: I just really really like him! We've got our prom soon, and nobody really asks each other to go, but Hopefully he might talk to me more then!
My advice is to start tentatively flirting with him, make it obvious (boys wont pick up on signals as well as a girl would) and if he doesn't respond in anyway just withdraw.

Okay thanks :smile: how do you suggest, like complement him loads and sit with him more??

I keep liking all his posts on social media to also get the point across
Okay thanks :smile: how do you suggest, like complement him loads and sit with him more??

yeah, maybe touch his arm etc, suntle things that would encourage him
yeah, maybe touch his arm etc, suntle things that would encourage him

okay thanks for your advice, just hope he does like me, do all the signs sound promising? im not overthinking/reacting?
Just message and ask him out already ! It is clear that he likes you why else would he invest time in you ... By what you are saying I think he genuinely likes you .. What would you generally rate yourself (personality & looks) and what would you rate him ?
You have to remember he has a life outside of you-
Something else was obviously effecting him-
Guys can be just as sensitive to things; how about, god forbid, asking him what was wrong?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending