The Student Room Group

Family members lived more than 5 years

Dear student finance,

I am planing to go for higher education and I am looking for loan such as tuiton and maintenance. I am EU national I live with my wife and work now for almoust 1 year here in UK. I know for sure that i need to live/work in UK for at least 5 year prior to study in order to get these loans, but however my parents are working in England more than 5 years. So am I entitled to get tuiton and maintenance loans from Student Finance? And if yes what is the procedure to get this loan is this PN1 form or something else?Thank you
How old are you? You aren't entitled to student loans just because your parents have lived in the UK for 5 years, you need to have been in the UK for that time too.
Reply 2
Original post by Snufkin
How old are you? You aren't entitled to student loans just because your parents have lived in the UK for 5 years, you need to have been in the UK for that time too.

Thank you for the reply. I am 26 and my parents are still there. I used to live for 2 years in uk 5 years ago when was my first visit and now this is my second visit.I thought that family member of migrant worker EEA is still entitled for the loan how is this true or not?Thank you
it's to do with where you've lived for the last 5 years. Not your parents.
Reply 4
Original post by Tiger Rag
it's to do with where you've lived for the last 5 years. Not your parents.

I understand this point but then why when I asked the same qustion in two different threads i've got twi different answers?look here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=63021527&highlight=Sauliusban#post63021527
Original post by sauliusban
I understand this point but then why when I asked the same qustion in two different threads i've got twi different answers?look here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=63021527&highlight=Sauliusban#post63021527

You're over 25 which means you're an independent student. That means it goes by you and not your parents. Therefore, it's based on whether you've lived in the UK for the last 5 years.
Reply 6
Original post by Tiger Rag
You're over 25 which means you're an independent student. That means it goes by you and not your parents. Therefore, it's based on whether you've lived in the UK for the last 5 years.

Thank you for the reply. What if i do work part time job and am I qualify to get loan as Worker Migrant then?
Original post by sauliusban
Thank you for the reply. What if i do work part time job and am I qualify to get loan as Worker Migrant then?

No. Why don't you just study elsewhere in the EU?
Reply 8
Original post by Snufkin
No. Why don't you just study elsewhere in the EU?

I'm actually thinking :smile: even though considering quality/price of education you get much more less than in EU
Reply 9
However can anyone elaborate more on this migrant worker status and who is eligible to get any loans from this SFE loan company and what are the requirements? Because it's easy to say "No" as by previous poster and it is EASY to re-interpret from the actual reality as everyone here I see has different opinions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending