The Student Room Group

EU students applying for a tuition fee loan

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by PQ
I'm afraid not. Eligibility based on residency is about how long you have lived in the uk at the start of your course.

I'm afraid too, the thing is i dunno who can give me details about it, people from the SFE don't have an answer for that :/

Do you think i should try to apply sending the application form to them for maintenance this year?

I know that they've change the eligibility from three to five years to students who will start the academic year in 2016/17, but the thing is this year it will be my Third year and I'am a continuos student. :/

help me pls
Original post by lmfp
I'm afraid too, the thing is i dunno who can give me details about it, people from the SFE don't have an answer for that :/

Do you think i should try to apply sending the application form to them for maintenance this year?

I know that they've change the eligibility from three to five years to students who will start the academic year in 2016/17, but the thing is this year it will be my Third year and I'am a continuos student. :/

help me pls

If you weren't eligible for a maintenance loan when you started your course then you aren't eligible now.
Reply 22
Original post by PQ
If you weren't eligible for a maintenance loan when you started your course then you aren't eligible now.

i think so, because 2015/16 was my foundation year, so this year it will be my first year undergraduate and third in England.
Original post by lmfp
i think so, because 2015/16 was my foundation year, so this year it will be my first year undergraduate and third in England.

It has to be before you started your course. There are exceptions; but they don't apply to you.

It also has to be for reasons other than education.
Reply 24
Hi there. I'm filling out my application and I've reached the point where I have to decide whether I'm going to send my original passport or a certified copy of my ID. So I'd like to ask - does anyone know what type of post services SF uses when they send the original copies of documents back? Because I wouldn't trust the Bulgarian post office with my original documents (I'm from Bulgaria). And I would like to know how they would send them back and when - in a week or two, maybe? Do they use logistics companies like DHL or FedEx?
Reply 25
Original post by Tiger Rag
It has to be before you started your course. There are exceptions; but they don't apply to you.

It also has to be for reasons other than education.

Unlucky, :/

Thanks for the support anyway...
Regards
Reply 26
Original post by hristaM
Hi there. I'm filling out my application and I've reached the point where I have to decide whether I'm going to send my original passport or a certified copy of my ID. So I'd like to ask - does anyone know what type of post services SF uses when they send the original copies of documents back? Because I wouldn't trust the Bulgarian post office with my original documents (I'm from Bulgaria). And I would like to know how they would send them back and when - in a week or two, maybe? Do they use logistics companies like DHL or FedEx?

Hi there, to be honest i have no idea which company they use to send it back, but i think they assume if something goes wrong with your ID, I have done and they gave my ID back in a month or something like that, hope this help you, regards
Reply 27
Original post by lmfp
Hi there, to be honest i have no idea which company they use to send it back, but i think they assume if something goes wrong with your ID, I have done and they gave my ID back in a month or something like that, hope this help you, regards

Thank you!
I'm an EU student buh have not lived in the EU or UK for more than 3yrs would i get tuition fee

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending