The Student Room Group

GIRLS!! Boyfriend looks at other women

Scroll to see replies

Well it isn't by force to comment on this thread if you don't have anything helpful to say :biggrin:
Original post by Kikina42
He's not bi, it's just that I enjoy girls too in a way (not sexually... I think) and he turns it into something casual.
Also I'm not that jealous of him appreciating looks, only of developing bonds with other girls which I sometimes see as overly sentimental. I know, I'm a bit weird :smile:

This is fair enough, I wouldn't like him developing bonds either and I see what you mean, apparently all girls can appreciate other girls beauty and enjoy doing so. I saw it on some fact page that said no women are straight which I do not believe because you can find women attractive being a fellow woman without wanting to do sexual things haha
Original post by Anonymous
Well it isn't by force to comment on this thread if you don't have anything helpful to say :biggrin:

Everything I came on here to say has been said before tbh, you're worrying over nothing
It's natural, but if he's checking out other girls in your presence then he has crossed the flipping line. I would dump him seriously because it's all got to start somewhere and if he can't control himself then he is weak man which isn't attractive. He needs to only have eyes for you and show you that he wants you
(edited 7 years ago)
This is true, he always tells me how beautiful I am and how attractive therefore I shouldn't get so worked up. Thank you :smile:

No problem :smile: Trust me, you're not alone and it's perfectly normal. He obviously loves you and you love him, so don't let this ruin it!
Original post by Dheorl
If I see a pretty building when strolling around I'm going to give it a good look. If I see a nice car I'll turn my head. If I see a quirky tree I'll pay more attention. Why on earth would I or anyone else, not look at an attractive human being?

I am so using this!
Reply 46
So I have been with my lovely boyfriend for a few years now, everything is perfect apart from my jealousy problems. He has never cheated, is a very loyal honest guy and does not flirt with any other girls. My problem is this.. when we first got together he did not show any other interest in other females but last year I saw him looking on instagram at a picture of a half naked woman. I was so angry! We had parked by a shop and I offered to run inside and when I came back without intentionally looking at what he was doing, he was on that picture and quickly closed it. Ever since then I am a paranoid state and whenever I leave him when he is on his phone I get anxious and worked up at what he is probably doing. Anyway, a few months after this happening he started following slutty fitness models on instragram who post pictures in their underwear everyday. This got me angry because if he enjoys looking in his own time privately then fair enough but why follow them so that everyone can see and he doesn't miss a single picture they post.

When I confronted him about being angry and hurt by this, he said its natural and every guy does it. We got into an argument and he admitted to looking at other females in public and checking them out which i already knew because he stupidly does it when he is with me. He doesn't make it obvious but I can always tell :unimpressed: We have had so many arguments about him being attracted to other women but he said he is never going to unfollow them because all his other friends with girlfriends do it and their girlfriends don't care. His other argument is that me asking him to do that is me asking him to stop being a man.

On one side of the argument I can see his point, all humans find other humans good looking, even myself (but at least I don't feel the need to follow male models or even acknowledge them). He isn't going to act upon his attraction which i know. But on the other side I am infuriated that he cannot stop himself looking when is with me and I shouldn't feel paranoid that every time I leave the room he is checking out other women.

Anyway, sorry for the massive paragraph:colondollar: What im trying to ask is girls... what would you do if you were me and how would you stop letting it get to you or solve this problem. Thank you very much in advance, all replies are appreciated and I will reply to all of them!

Okay well we have quite contrasting opinions, if I'm out with my man and there is a hot girl, I'm the type to rate her out of 10 with my man (as in a jokey manner) so I guess I have a more laid back approach to these things.
However, I must admit that boys idolizing these females with unrealistic and fake bodies is frustrating, but I wouldn't go out of my way to change his actions. At the end of the day it is you he is with and loves and if he really wanted a girl like that he would go and pursue that. But there is a limit tto how much you can do these things until it does become disrespectful
Reply 47
My boyfriend does similar at it annoys me too...
Not because I'm insecure, I just find it a bit chavvy/embarrassing to be liking pictures of girls in their underwear and following them ect so publicly, personally i think it should be more of a private thing. I think it makes him look a bit cringey and desperate:tongue:

Its not a deal breaker though and it doesnt make me think I'm not good enough, like hes gunna cheat on me or anything because he is otherwise fine and still very attentive toward me. (although if he was commenting all the stupid emojis and **** like 'DM me' i'd axe him right away) ..
Boys find girls attractive, the same as they find cars attractive. Think of it like this,
If a nice sports car drives past, a man will stare at it and almost drool.
When a woman walks past, he may stare and almost drool,
In both situations, the attractive object is there.. Looked at.. Then it's gone.. Never to be seen again !
I've never caught my boyfriend looking at another girl personally, and I wouldn't be able to deal with it but I DO know that it's nothing personal, it's just 'attractive', probably the same way girls look at makeup or clothes (If that's your thing)

Hope this made sense! Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kisaki
Not because I'm insecure, I just find it a bit chavvy/embarrassing to be liking pictures of girls in their underwear and following them ect so publicly, personally i think it should be more of a private thing. I think it makes him look a bit cringey and desperate:tongue:

Its not a deal breaker though and it doesnt make me think I'm not good enough, like hes gunna cheat on me or anything because he is otherwise fine and still very attentive toward me. (although if he was commenting all the stupid emojis and **** like 'DM me' i'd axe him right away) ..

Luckily my boyfriend doesn't like them or anything but I'm with you that it is very chavy and embarrassing to even be following them for people to see. I feel like if other people knew they would look at him different as its not exactly "material boyfriend" or classy behaviour. It really should be private, without sounding stuck up I always look down on guys who have a girlfriend who do that stuff so maybe I've lost respect for him too :/
Reply 50
Yeah, all guys do it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by steffparker0506
Boys find girls attractive, the same as they find cars attractive. Think of it like this,
If a nice sports car drives past, a man will stare at it and almost drool.
When a woman walks past, he may stare and almost drool,
In both situations, the attractive object is there.. Looked at.. Then it's gone.. Never to be seen again !
I've never caught my boyfriend looking at another girl personally, and I wouldn't be able to deal with it but I DO know that it's nothing personal, it's just 'attractive', probably the same way girls look at makeup or clothes (If that's your thing)

Hope this made sense! Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

I get you that it's nothing personal but when you actually experience it in that moment it feels very personal. It's like you dlckhead, why are you gazing at her when I'm with you and right here and your suppose to be too busy paying attention to me to notice anyone😡But oh well, boys will be boys

Slightly off topic, do you think men exist who don't look at other women?? Do you think it's something that can be grown out of?
Original post by Andy98
Yeah, all guys do it

Posted from TSR Mobile

I believe although all guys do, some exist who can control themselves especially around their girl
[QUOTE=Anonymous;65829947]I get you that it's nothing personal but when you actually experience it in that moment it feels very personal. It's like you dlckhead, why are you gazing at her when I'm with you and right here and your suppose to be too busy paying attention to me to notice anyone😡But oh well, boys will be boys

Slightly off topic, do you think men exist who don't look at other women?? Do you think it's something that can be grown out of?

Well, I've been with my boyfriend for 4 years and I've honestly never ever caught him looking at any other girl & doesn't like Instagram pics or anything like that which makes my life SO much easier lol. And trust me, I'm a very realistic person, and not nieve or oblivious so it's not that I just over look it, it just doesn't happen. So yeah I think they do exist, I also think that if a boy looks at another girl I front of you, knowing u can see him doing it, that he's very disrespectful and I wouldn't be able to deal with it as it would hurt my feelings and get me mad. But I do think that men look at beautiful women at objects and my previous comment was the logical explanation for it, although I understand it's hard to think of it like that at the time X
Not sure if anyone has said this but do it to him. Check out other guys in public and follow male models. Don't do it suddenly because he'll understand what you're trying to do but start off slow. See what he says etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 55
I believe although all guys do, some exist who can control themselves especially around their girl

True, didn't really read the whole thing, just the title

Posted from TSR Mobile
He didn't go blind when he saw you lmao
Original post by kisaki

No arguments there. Just because you enjoy looking at girls in their underwear doesn't mean you need to plaster over facebook/twitter that you enjoy looking at girls in their underwear...

But then, if all his friends are doing it, he's clearly in a different sort of social circle to me!
Original post by DamnDaniel2
Not sure if anyone has said this but do it to him. Check out other guys in public and follow male models. Don't do it suddenly because he'll understand what you're trying to do but start off slow. See what he says etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that is a good idea and hopefully one that will create my desired reaction and make him realise
Original post by steffparker0506
Well, I've been with my boyfriend for 4 years and I've honestly never ever caught him looking at any other girl & doesn't like Instagram pics or anything like that which makes my life SO much easier lol. And trust me, I'm a very realistic person, and not nieve or oblivious so it's not that I just over look it, it just doesn't happen. So yeah I think they do exist, I also think that if a boy looks at another girl I front of you, knowing u can see him doing it, that he's very disrespectful and I wouldn't be able to deal with it as it would hurt my feelings and get me mad. But I do think that men look at beautiful women at objects and my previous comment was the logical explanation for it, although I understand it's hard to think of it like that at the time X

Wow you are extremely lucky! at least there is hope that considerate males exist lol :biggrin: do you think its any different if he slighly looks and doesnt try to make it obvious for you to see but you do anyway? That type of looking is the most annoying because it is like "I can still see what you are doing you idiot" and yes it is hard to think like that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending