The Student Room Group

Things you struggle with mostly while learning to drive

Scroll to see replies

Original post by im.a.witch
Good luck both of you :smile:
My best advice is just pretend its a driving lesson remain calm and if you make a mistake just think oh well and continue.
I did this and passed 1st time :smile:

Thanks :colondollar: that's how I tried to see it when I took my first test, then unfortunately had a serious but carried on as normal :redface: but hopefully this time round is a pass :biggrin:!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ohhello92x
Thanks :colondollar: that's how I tried to see it when I took my first test, then unfortunately had a serious but carried on as normal :redface: but hopefully this time round is a pass :biggrin:!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You will have faith in yourself ! :wink: xx
You will have faith in yourself ! :wink: xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck both of you :smile:
My best advice is just pretend its a driving lesson remain calm and if you make a mistake just think oh well and continue.
I did this and passed 1st time :smile:

Thank you!! 😊
Failed again guys :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 645
Failed again guys :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Noooo! I'm really sorry to hear that :frown: what happened? :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Spock's Socks
Noooo! I'm really sorry to hear that :frown: what happened? :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks :hugs: just made really silly mistakes like the examiner got me to do bay parking at the start of the test, and I was just being silly and not completely doing the all round checks :frown: and on the way back to the test centre I stalled so bad just as I got onto the roundabout :frown: and just really stupid mistakes :frown: plus there was a guy who sat in who was watching the examiner, which didn't really help with my nerves :/ and I think that made it worse having someone else who I don't know sitting in on the test :frown: earliest test date I could get was early November so I'm definitely gonna check for cancellations.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 647
Thanks :hugs: just made really silly mistakes like the examiner got me to do bay parking at the start of the test, and I was just being silly and not completely doing the all round checks :frown: and on the way back to the test centre I stalled so bad just as I got onto the roundabout :frown: and just really stupid mistakes :frown: plus there was a guy who sat in who was watching the examiner, which didn't really help with my nerves :/ and I think that made it worse having someone else who I don't know sitting in on the test :frown: earliest test date I could get was early November so I'm definitely gonna check for cancellations.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh no, im sorry to hear that! I guess the nerves got to you again :frown: ohhh that really sucks that someone else was in the test was you, tbh i would have panicked and not performed as well either. I mean its bad enough having an unknown examiner but having someone else as well :frown:What about minors? and what did you get a major/serious for? What did your examiner say?

Im getting nervous for mine already, and i have like 6 weeks left until my test, and ive stopped looking for cancellations now :9

Its good youve booked another one, you can look for cancellations straightaway now.

It may be third time lucky for the both of us!
Original post by fkx
Oh no, im sorry to hear that! I guess the nerves got to you again :frown: ohhh that really sucks that someone else was in the test was you, tbh i would have panicked and not performed as well either. I mean its bad enough having an unknown examiner but having someone else as well :frown:What about minors? and what did you get a major/serious for? What did your examiner say?

Im getting nervous for mine already, and i have like 6 weeks left until my test, and ive stopped looking for cancellations now :9

Its good youve booked another one, you can look for cancellations straightaway now.

It may be third time lucky for the both of us!

Thanks :hugs: yup think it's mainly because I had someone else in the car with me too who I don't know made my nerves worse :frown:! Ended up with 11 minors this time :frown: and ended up with 3 majors, one for bay parking - not doing the observations enough, one for stalling as I was moving off on a hill and another for stalling on the roundabout on the way back to the test centre :frown: so having that guy sit in made it worse for me in the sense it made my nerves worse and I was under more pressure :frown:! The examiner explained where I went wrong and apologised for failing me. My instructor even said it was unfair for them to pick on random people to have an extra person sit in on the test.

Aw bless, I'm sure you'll be fine :redface: and yeah exactly, and I know this is gonna sound terrible of me to say this, but I honestly hope someone does a cancellation soon as I really want another test sooner than the one I've booked for November. :colondollar:

And yeah hopefully it'll be 3rd time lucky for us, fingers crossed :redface:!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks :hugs: yup think it's mainly because I had someone else in the car with me too who I don't know made my nerves worse :frown:! Ended up with 11 minors this time :frown: and ended up with 3 majors, one for bay parking - not doing the observations enough, one for stalling as I was moving off on a hill and another for stalling on the roundabout on the way back to the test centre :frown: so having that guy sit in made it worse for me in the sense it made my nerves worse and I was under more pressure :frown:! The examiner explained where I went wrong and apologised for failing me. My instructor even said it was unfair for them to pick on random people to have an extra person sit in on the test.

Aw bless, I'm sure you'll be fine :redface: and yeah exactly, and I know this is gonna sound terrible of me to say this, but I honestly hope someone does a cancellation soon as I really want another test sooner than the one I've booked for November. :colondollar:

And yeah hopefully it'll be 3rd time lucky for us, fingers crossed :redface:!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey. Sorry to hear that. Sounds like your nerves just took over. :frown:

I was lucky I had the turn in road manouever IF I had the bay park I definitely would have failed. Its just luck on the day tbh.

DONT WORRY next time you can go back better and stronger :wink: xx
Hey. Sorry to hear that. Sounds like your nerves just took over. :frown:

I was lucky I had the turn in road manouever IF I had the bay park I definitely would have failed. Its just luck on the day tbh.

DONT WORRY next time you can go back better and stronger :wink: xx

Thanks. Yeah :frown:
Fair enough :smile: yeah I find that bay parking isn't exactly my strongest manoeuvre tbh :/ yeah exactly :redface:

Thanks :redface: just hopefully next time they don't surprise me by having someone sit in on the test watching the examiner :colondollar: otherwise I think I would've passed :redface: xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks. Yeah :frown:
Fair enough :smile: yeah I find that bay parking isn't exactly my strongest manoeuvre tbh :/ yeah exactly :redface:

Thanks :redface: just hopefully next time they don't surprise me by having someone sit in on the test watching the examiner :colondollar: otherwise I think I would've passed :redface: xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

I failed too, I was unfairly failed tho, iv got to appeal 😢
Original post by CallieJo
I failed too, I was unfairly failed tho, iv got to appeal 😢

Oh no! Sorry to hear 😢, what happened?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got another test tomorrow, and was meant to be going for quite a long drive with a family friend this evening but she's unable to so can't :frown:

Hopefully my lesson before it tomorrow will go well and as its a Saturday, there will be few cars out and about and not lorries (one caused me to fail last time), down the test centre road (test centre is at the bottom of a very long road which is industrialised).

Let's hope :smile:
Original post by Jack22031994
Got another test tomorrow, and was meant to be going for quite a long drive with a family friend this evening but she's unable to so can't :frown:

Hopefully my lesson before it tomorrow will go well and as its a Saturday, there will be few cars out and about and not lorries (one caused me to fail last time), down the test centre road (test centre is at the bottom of a very long road which is industrialised).

Let's hope :smile:

Aw that's a shame :frown:!
Good luck for tomorrow, and hopefully you'll pass :biggrin:!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aw that's a shame :frown:!
Good luck for tomorrow, and hopefully you'll pass :biggrin:!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! :smile:
Oh no! Sorry to hear 😢, what happened?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I had a really good drive, got a 3 point turn which I done perfectly (it's my best manoeuvre 😂) so I drove back knowing I had passed... There's a tricky road just before the test centre where u need to take a right turn & move into the right lane, me & my instructor had just gone gone over everything on that road on the way to the test centre as a boy had failed his test there on the way back last week.. So it was fresh in my mind & I was being extra careful coz I knew I had passed up until then... So we got back to the test centre & he tells me that I failed! He said that I didn't check my right wing mirror as I moved into the right lane & gave me a serious for it!!!! I had no other minors in that category either! And I DID check my wing mirror! My instructor is absolutely fuming, he spoke to another instructor straight after he dropped me off & he agreed with my instructor that even if I hadn't checked my mirror it should have been a minor, so my instructor rang the examiners boss & she also agreed that it should have been a minor! So she is going to read his report & speak to him (examiner) Monday when he's back in work & get back to us, she said they keep a certain amount of tests back a month for people with genuine complaints so they don't wait so long for a retest, so she's gonna find out if she can get me one & tell us Monday... Iv rebooked & couldnt get one till 22nd November 😩😩 so hopefully I'll get a sooner date Monday. So so gutted, I was gutted about the first but deserved that fail, but knowing I should have passed & will still have to resit it is so gutting 😭 Apparently there's loads of complaints about the examiner I had 😞
Original post by CallieJo
Well I had a really good drive, got a 3 point turn which I done perfectly (it's my best manoeuvre 😂) so I drove back knowing I had passed... There's a tricky road just before the test centre where u need to take a right turn & move into the right lane, me & my instructor had just gone gone over everything on that road on the way to the test centre as a boy had failed his test there on the way back last week.. So it was fresh in my mind & I was being extra careful coz I knew I had passed up until then... So we got back to the test centre & he tells me that I failed! He said that I didn't check my right wing mirror as I moved into the right lane & gave me a serious for it!!!! I had no other minors in that category either! And I DID check my wing mirror! My instructor is absolutely fuming, he spoke to another instructor straight after he dropped me off & he agreed with my instructor that even if I hadn't checked my mirror it should have been a minor, so my instructor rang the examiners boss & she also agreed that it should have been a minor! So she is going to read his report & speak to him (examiner) Monday when he's back in work & get back to us, she said they keep a certain amount of tests back a month for people with genuine complaints so they don't wait so long for a retest, so she's gonna find out if she can get me one & tell us Monday... Iv rebooked & couldnt get one till 22nd November 😩😩 so hopefully I'll get a sooner date Monday. So so gutted, I was gutted about the first but deserved that fail, but knowing I should have passed & will still have to resit it is so gutting 😭 Apparently there's loads of complaints about the examiner I had 😞

Oh no, that's awful 😢! But I agree there, it should've been a minor if you hadn't of checked your mirror. Don't get why that particular examiner still has his job if he has a load of complaints about him 😕! But seriously from my opinion it's a stupid reason to give someone a serious for that apparent reason 😕

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh no, that's awful 😢! But I agree there, it should've been a minor if you hadn't of checked your mirror. Don't get why that particular examiner still has his job if he has a load of complaints about him 😕! But seriously from my opinion it's a stupid reason to give someone a serious for that apparent reason 😕

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly, plus there would have been nothing to my right (not the point, i know but I did actually check), there's hatch markings on the road to the right as the road splits into 2 lanes so there wouldn't have been anything to the right, so he was obviously being too harsh failing me for that, so gutted 😞 have u rebooked ur test yet?
My instructor was explaining the circumstances of him working at that test centre and there's something really dodgy about it as he travels quite a way to come to work when there is a test centre in his home town... My instructor thinks he has been fired from the centre in his town or left under dodgy circumstances 😒
My instructor feels very strongly about me appealing, he asked me to do it as a favour to him coz he wants him out! My poor instructor was in a foul mood after my test, he phoned me saying the poor person who has a lesson with him next gotta put up with his mood 😩😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending