The Student Room Group

What if i do not declare all of my GCSE grades on UCAS?

I had to resit my maths GCSE and when i did i achieved the C grade.

I am wondering if i put down the C, seeing as the highest grade counts?
Reply 1
You should definitely put down the C. What were you thinking of doing?
Reply 2
Original post by Blackstarr

Unis will ask for certificates, and GCSE grades are all on the same certificate for each exam board. So they'll see when you prove your other grades.

They also get all this kind of thing from the exam boards anyway.

Read the UCAS declaration. It requires confirmation that you have supplied an accurate and complete record. That means you put every result down as they happened.

They are unlikley to bat an eyelid at you failing and resitting.

If they find out you have presented an inaccurate record, then that cna look dishonest and you can look dumb by failing to understand the declaration, but still putting your name to it. Put all your results down.
Reply 4
Original post by Juno
Unis will ask for certificates, and GCSE grades are all on the same certificate for each exam board. So they'll see when you prove your other grades.

They also get all this kind of thing from the exam boards anyway.

My GCSE certificates are separate from each other, I have one certificate for all the subjects i did expect from maths GCSE, where i did not receive a certificate for my upgraded grade.

I also have a sheet of paper with all my grades and modules listed on it.

Don't exam boards keep records for a limited amount of time.

I sat my GCSE's about 2 years ago from now.

I don't really want to put down my bad maths grade eventhough i resat and got that C grade.
Reply 5
Original post by 999tigger
Read the UCAS declaration. It requires confirmation that you have supplied an accurate and complete record. That means you put every result down as they happened.

They are unlikley to bat an eyelid at you failing and resitting.

If they find out you have presented an inaccurate record, then that cna look dishonest and you can look dumb by failing to understand the declaration, but still putting your name to it. Put all your results down.

How can they find out apart from me proving it?
Reply 6
My GCSE certificates are separate from each other, I have one certificate for all the subjects i did expect from maths GCSE, where i did not receive a certificate for my upgraded grade.

I also have a sheet of paper with all my grades and modules listed on it.

Don't exam boards keep records for a limited amount of time.

I sat my GCSE's about 2 years ago from now.

I don't really want to put down my bad maths grade eventhough i resat and got that C grade.

Two years is an average amount of time for a UCAS application, though, as most people do GCSEs and then A Levels and then apply. So no, 2 years isn't long enough for it to be erased from the exam board records.
How can they find out apart from me proving it?

They mat not, but you are still presenting a false record and telling a lie. Not the best way to start your uni career.

Which universities are you applying to? Very few universities will care that you didn't get an A***** in Math unless it's somewhere like Oxford or LSE, I don't see why you're so reluctant to put it down.
Reply 9
Original post by Juno
Two years is an average amount of time for a UCAS application, though, as most people do GCSEs and then A Levels and then apply. So no, 2 years isn't long enough for it to be erased from the exam board records.

I sat my GCSE'S in 2014 and now we are getting closer to 2017.

so, its actually more than 2 years, if my maths is correct?

What is the worst that could happen?
Original post by xxx-ooo-xxx
Which universities are you applying to? Very few universities will care that you didn't get an A***** in Math unless it's somewhere like Oxford or LSE, I don't see why you're so reluctant to put it down.

(no particular order)

LSBU, Greenwich, Kings, Kingston, Middlesex, maybe City and UWE

The first 5 are my main choices.
Original post by 999tigger
They mat not, but you are still presenting a false record and telling a lie. Not the best way to start your uni career.

I have been told that "your highest grade counts"

So, making my previous maths grade invalid?
Reply 12
What is the worst that could happen?

The worst could be that they find out you've made a fraudulent (incomplete) application *after* you start university, and they withdraw your place.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(no particular order)

LSBU, Greenwich, Kings, Kingston, Middlesex, maybe City and UWE

The first 5 are my main choices.

http://www1.lsbu.ac.uk/prospectivestudents/downloads/LSBUadmissionpolicy.pdf
Applicants must ensure that they provide full, complete and accurate information to us, and do not omit any material information. Applicants must provide additional information if we ask for it and undertake the tests, interviews or other selection processes (such as occupational health checks) which we reasonably require. Applicants must comply with the deadlines we lay down for submitting applications and for responding to offers. Applicants who do not meet their responsibilities to us may be denied admission or have their offers withdrawn.

http://www.gre.ac.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0004/1026427/Admissions-Code-of-Practice.pdf
4.4 ACCURATE AND COMPLETE APPLICATION
a) Honesty is regarded as an integral requirement for study at the university. Applications that are fraudulent or contain inaccuracies or plagiarism may be rejected, offers withdrawn or registrations revoked.
b) The application should include ALL academic qualifications held and being studied. This includes lower level qualifications (e.g.: GCSE [or equivalent level] in English Literacy, Maths/ numeracy and ICT) as these will be an integral part of the selection criteria.
c) It is essential that applicants submit as much information regarding their qualifications as possible. This will ensure that full consideration is given to the qualifications that they have achieved and those that they are currently studying. Applicants should include the details of any modules that were included in the subject as well as the grade or marks awarded for the module. This is especially important for applicants who have studied Edexcel, Access or degree programmes.

http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/assets/PDF/admissions/Undergraduate-Admissions-Policy.pdf
King’s reserves the right to withdraw an offer if incorrect or misleading information is provided in the application. Within the guidelines set by UCAS, King’s also reserves the right to amend or withdraw an offer if a genuine error has been made at offer making.

http://cdn.kingston.ac.uk/documents/aboutkingstonuniversity/howtheuniversityworks/policiesandregulations/documents/2016_17_AP07_fraudulent_applications_policy_v1.pdf
(nothing to specifically quote - the entire document explains how they deal with fraudulent applicants/students)

I can't be bothered to carry on down your list of universities - suffice to say universities don't take kindly to applicants who try to gain a place via fraudulent means.

Put the original GCSE grade in (and contact your exam centre to get your certificate for the C grade GCSE - you are likely to need it at some point).
I have been told that "your highest grade counts"

So, making my previous maths grade invalid?

Who has told you this and why do you beleieve them. PQ has gone to the trouble of showing you.

If you simply read the statement that you are signing then it is very clear. If you did as suggested then your attestation would be false. If you cnat see that then perhaps you should think carefully about whether its a good or bad thing to tell the truth or not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending