The Student Room Group

help, housemates let their dealer put so much weed in my room!

ill try make this short, i used to live with 5 other friends in a house accommodation for Uni but I have moved out of my room for about 1 month now and have gone back home, its completely empty but i have signed a contract which ends next summer so its still my room.

some of my housemates have let their dealer put weed in MY room to harvest or something, im clueless about weed, theres quite a lot must be worth £1000+

im quite shocked and ive asked them all why its there and they have said it will be gone by today but it was there for atleast 24+ hours. now my problem is my carpet, bed, curtains etc. will stink of it and probably wont come off.

what should i do? should i get the police involved or should i let the company that we got the house from know? how much trouble will i or we will be in? wtf do i do?
Original post by sampel123
ill try make this short, i used to live with 5 other friends in a house accommodation for Uni but I have moved out of my room for about 1 month now and have gone back home, its completely empty but i have signed a contract which ends next summer so its still my room.

some of my housemates have let their dealer put weed in MY room to harvest or something, im clueless about weed, theres quite a lot must be worth £1000+

im quite shocked and ive asked them all why its there and they have said it will be gone by today but it was there for atleast 24+ hours. now my problem is my carpet, bed, curtains etc. will stink of it and probably wont come off.

what should i do? should i get the police involved or should i let the company that we got the house from know? how much trouble will i or we will be in? wtf do i do?

Keep the weed for yourself
Reply 2
Original post by plasmaman
Keep the weed for yourself

need serious replies man
Tell the uni?
need serious replies man

Is the dealer dangerous?
Sounds like a troll, but if you're serious; tell them they have an hour to remove the weed or you're call the police and you need to stay in another room because you will not put up with the weed stench
After they take it out, your room is gonna smell of it, and if the accommodation people find out they are gonna blame you first, and I'm sure none of the people in your accommodation are gonna own up to it, so it's your call what you wanna do. Personally, I would tell the accommodation people or the uni - I wouldn't wanna get blamed for something I had nothing to do with.
Reply 7
need serious replies man

im not quite sure if the dealers are dangerous
Reply 8
Original post by Orange s0da
Sounds like a troll, but if you're serious; tell them they have an hour to remove the weed or you're call the police and you need to stay in another room because you will not put up with the weed stench

nah im serious bro, i wouldnt waste time making an email and signing up to this website
Reply 9
Original post by MooCowMilkshake
After they take it out, your room is gonna smell of it, and if the accommodation people find out they are gonna blame you first, and I'm sure none of the people in your accommodation are gonna own up to it, so it's your call what you wanna do. Personally, I would tell the accommodation people or the uni - I wouldn't wanna get blamed for something I had nothing to do with.

do you think i should just tell the accommodation people about the smell of the room and tell them ive been out of my room for over a month now which i actually have
nah im serious bro, i wouldnt waste time making an email and signing up to this website

Dude, you're a ****ing idiot if you dont tell the accommodation manager/the police. If you dont tell them and someone reports a weed smell, then you will get blamed and probably kicked out.
do you think i should just tell the accommodation people about the smell of the room and tell them ive been out of my room for over a month now which i actually have

That's probably the best way to go so that you aren't naming people outright or getting anyone in serious trouble. Mention to them that you are concerned that you have been away for over a month and now that you have come back there is the smell of weed in your room.
Reply 12
Original post by an_atheist
Dude, you're a ****ing idiot if you dont tell the accommodation manager/the police. If you dont tell them and someone reports a weed smell, then you will get blamed and probably kicked out.

i will defo tell the accommodation company about the smell first thing tomorrow when they open. do u think i will be in trouble? i actually havent been to the house for over a month
i will defo tell the accommodation company about the smell first thing tomorrow when they open. do u think i will be in trouble? i actually havent been to the house for over a month

Have you paid the rent? If yes then you should be fine, I dont think anything mandates you stay in Uni accommodation
speak to your housemates first.
Call the police, contact the campus. Stay safe.

Hopefully he will get arrested, and rightly so.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending