The Student Room Group

Boyfriend said he wants to make his ex girlfriend jealous?

Help 😟

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Help 😟

not really sure what to say as you havent given much details but it sounds like he still thinks about her
Reply 2
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
not really sure what to say as you havent given much details but it sounds like he still thinks about her

Basically he tries to make her jealous through social media. He talks a lot of trash about her and he hates her. He wants to make her jealous, I don't know what to do. In turn, this makes me clingy. Does he want his ex girlfriend back and does he love her? I'm so confused at why he's doing this when he claims to hate her and moved on.

We've been together 11 months.
Ditch him.

Life is too short.

He shouldn't be thinking about the emotions of his ex.
Reply 4
Ditch him.

Life is too short.

He shouldn't be thinking about the emotions of his ex.

That's true, I think he just wants a reaction.
Basically he tries to make her jealous through social media. He talks a lot of trash about her and he hates her. He wants to make her jealous, I don't know what to do. In turn, this makes me clingy. Does he want his ex girlfriend back and does he love her? I'm so confused at why he's doing this when he claims to hate her and moved on.

We've been together 11 months.

He sounds likw an idiot. You could be the ex one day.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by 999tigger
He sounds liek an idiot. You could eb the ex one day.

I agree, I think he's trying to make her jealous to get a reaction out of her.
I agree, I think he's trying to make her jealous to get a reaction out of her.

Why be clingy, when you are getting an idea what you are clinging to?

he's obviously ambivalent or unaware what you might think of things. Your happiness with his gf of 11 months is where it should be at and not messing wuth his ex to make her jealous. Eventually you will realise you can do better.
Reply 8
Why be clingy, when you are getting an idea what you are clinging to?

he's obviously ambivalent or unaware what you might think of things. Your happiness with his gf of 11 months is where it should be at and not messing wuth his ex to make her jealous. Eventually you will realise you can do better.

I mean my boyfriend is trying to get a reaction out of his ex girlfriend.

I agree.

I agree.

I hope he was aware that you were present and that you are his current GF for 11 months, not fantasising ways on how to get back at his ex GF for 11 months. If so, that a really unhealthy obsession and he may need to seek some help...

I agree.

Thats what I thought you meant.

Not sure why you would be more clingy though, unless it makes you feel insecure?

I dont think you can confront him directly about it. he's not going to agree.
I suppose you cna ask him why and that its really not needed, but he will probably ignore you. Maybe he will do soemthing similar and then you cna make your mind up.
He's still got feels for her.
Thats what I thought you meant.

Not sure why you would be more clingy though, unless it makes you feel insecure?

I dont think you can confront him directly about it. he's not going to agree.
I suppose you cna ask him why and that its really not needed, but he will probably ignore you. Maybe he will do soemthing similar and then you cna make your mind up.

It makes me insecure because he's trying to make her jealous and get a reaction out of her. If he was over her, he wouldn't care to make her jealous and he'd move on (with me). Although, it feels like he's trying add salt to her wounds.

My friends said this to me:
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
@999tigger
Attachment not found

Attachment not found
@999tigger
Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Attachment not found
Original post by Wilfred Little
He's still got feels for her.

Hmm, after a year? 😕
Hmm, after a year? 😕

How long was he with her & who dumped who?

A year isn't that long imo.
Original post by BigMan Ting
I hope he was aware that you were present and that you are his current GF for 11 months, not fantasising ways on how to get back at his ex GF for 11 months. If so, that a really unhealthy obsession and he may need to seek some help...

I think he likes to think she's obsessed with him when it's the over way round, she has never once interfered in our relationship or behave differently inappropriately with him. She's let it go, she was angry upset etc but she didn't seek revenge like he is despite he's the one who DUMPED her. Now, he just wants her to be jealous and give him a reaction.
Original post by Wilfred Little
How long was he with her & who dumped who?

A year isn't that long imo.

He broke up with her. They were together for 3 years.
He broke up with her. They were together for 3 years.

What was the reason for the break up?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending