The Student Room Group

Architecture 2017 Entry!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 660
Original post by GrétaPanna
Do they still have interviews? :O this late in Dec? I thought the already wraped up the interview period. What college? (Sorry if you already told)

Posted from TSR Mobile

St. John's :u:
Original post by bbglop
So anybody up for some architecture fun tomorrow? (by fun i mean getting your hopes crushed by 4 cambridge tutors, after you've just spent an hour futilely trying to remember how to pick up the pencil and write an essay and draw a bunch of buildings) :smile:

Good luck to everyone with their Cambridge interviews this week.🍀🍀🍀
I think St John's still have another interview day to go and it will be interesting to see how many are there . I counted about 16 at last week's so I'm guessing the applications for St. John's were really high this year . It was still a really good experience though .
Original post by czhang1998
good luck you two!!!

thank youu! I'm terrified
Original post by poopiepie
thank youu! I'm terrified

I know how you feel but it was really not as bad as I had imagined. Just make sure you know how to find the interview rooms beforehand . I got lost and had a last minute panic ! Everyone is friendly and helpful. Good luck. 🍀
Original post by Peter Pan99
I know how you feel but it was really not as bad as I had imagined. Just make sure you know how to find the interview rooms beforehand . I got lost and had a last minute panic ! Everyone is friendly and helpful. Good luck. 🍀

Hey I'm here but no one is.. like I cannot find anyone to register with
Hey I'm here but no one is.. like I cannot find anyone to register with

Are you at the junior common room across the road from the main entrance?
Reply 666
Hi all

Mature student (26) applying for Architecture K100.

Manchester School of Architecture - Unconditional offer
UWE Bristol - Unconditional offer
University of Liverpool - Portfolio requested
Cardiff University - Portfolio requested
University of the Arts London - Nothing yet
Are you at the junior common room across the road from the main entrance?

found it! haha I was a little early
found it! haha I was a little early

I hope it went well for you . Just curious as to how many were there today ?
I hope it went well for you . Just curious as to how many were there today ?

about 8 ._. so many john's applicants this year
Reply 670
about 8 ._. so many john's applicants this year

actually 12:
- 5 guy, 7 girls
- and 9 Asians :biggrin:
Original post by starsfly
Ucl, kent, cardiff, central saint martins
Kind of playing around for the 3 latter ones
It took edin 3 weeks to reply, but its xmas soon so don't worry!

Where did u apply?

Bath Nottingham Kent Liverpool and Edinburgh
I've got offers from Kent and Nottingham but waiting for the others still. Its been a month now so hopefully I get responses soon
Original post by bbglop
actually 12:
- 5 guy, 7 girls
- and 9 Asians :biggrin:

oh my gosh how did it go?? For trinity it was 11 interviewees 3 guys 8 girls; 5 internationals (4 of us are Chinese originally 😂)
Original post by Is_bel2587
Bath Nottingham Kent Liverpool and Edinburgh
I've got offers from Kent and Nottingham but waiting for the others still. Its been a month now so hopefully I get responses soon

You've got Nottingham??
Reply 674
Original post by czhang1998
oh my gosh how did it go?? For trinity it was 11 interviewees 3 guys 8 girls; 5 internationals (4 of us are Chinese originally 😂)

I was surprised to see so many girls applying for architecture. (not complaining though :u:)

It went better than I thought. I'm a bit uncertain about the written test, but the interviews went pretty smooth. I pretty much just talked my way through the 20 min, until they had to stop me. (Don't know whether that's good or bad...guess we'll see in a month)
Reply 675
Finally, Cardiff. :colondollar:

Now I can rest in peace after my cambridge interview.
Original post by bbglop

Omg congrats!!! Still waiting for mine :/
Original post by bbglop
I was surprised to see so many girls applying for architecture. (not complaining though :u:)

It went better than I thought. I'm a bit uncertain about the written test, but the interviews went pretty smooth. I pretty much just talked my way through the 20 min, until they had to stop me. (Don't know whether that's good or bad...guess we'll see in a month)

That's good!! At least you talked about the points that you wanted to get across, whereas I don't think I had... :redface: oh well, we'll all see in a month time :smile:
Lots of girls at Christ's too - I wonder when the stats on that come out?!
Just looking at the stats - I see that nearly twice as many girls applied than boys, twice the number got offers and a smidge more than twice as many accepted.
That last figure suggests that the conversion rate of offer->place is slightly lower with boys. I wonder if that's down to exam performance or personal choice.
I only know of 2 people who would turn down an offer from Cambridge if their preferred option came through (a girl and a boy).

Just seen that History of Art admitted 1 boy and 22 girls in 2015!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by bbglop

wait you were at st john's? *-*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending