The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I haven't seen you post in ages!

My mum calls me fat, you are not alone :moon:
Original post by Sena5
exactly

5'6" is a good height (assuming you're female lol). I don't know your weight but as long as it's around 60 kg it's not fat :smile:
Reply 42
Original post by Pride
You know, I think you place your self-worth in how you look. That's really dangerous when you think about it. People are valuable, whatever they look like and however healthy they are.

It's understandable that you took offence, but is it helping you? Why not get back up and do something about it? Why not take some steps to reduce your weight, and more importantly, switch your diet to something with more fresh veg and live an active lifestyle? It will help improve your health, and is also likely to improve your self-esteem and mood.

Easier said than done, but worth the effort, I reckon, especially when you get older.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i have tried this but get tired while working as i go to the school internship and then the office...i will do my best sure :smile:
Original post by Sena5
is this part of all mothers character...
its like bully..i began to hate my mother after she said that

I accepted it and said yea kay.
Reply 44
Original post by cupcakes87
I haven't seen you post in ages!

My mum calls me fat, you are not alone :moon:

hey thanks for being there with me :hugs:
yeah i was busy still with my degree..
hows your life going?
Reply 45
Original post by retro_turtles
I accepted it and said yea kay.

if i say that she keeps repeating it to me. :frown:
Fat people are cute like sofas.
Reply 47
Original post by Pikachū
5'6" is a good height (assuming you're female lol). I don't know your weight but as long as it's around 60 kg it's not fat :smile:

i am female :smile:
i see..ok
Reply 48
Original post by BlindingLight
Fat people are cute like sofas.

wow..well said!
thank you soooooooooooooooooo muchhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
Original post by Sena5
hey thanks for being there with me :hugs:
yeah i was busy still with my degree..
hows your life going?

Haha no worries and I see!

How's it going?

And yhh I'm good! :smile:
Original post by Sena5
wow..well said!
thank you soooooooooooooooooo muchhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

rofl any time.

On a serious note, I wouldn't dwell on it. Don't let anyone tell you you aren't beautiful. Keep chasing your dreams, don't let anyone hold you back!
Original post by Pikachū

Lmao wtf - so you're saying everyone over 60kg is fat? Have you ever heard of such thing called 'BMI'?
Original post by honour
Lmao wtf - so you're saying everyone over 60kg is fat? Have you ever heard of such thing called 'BMI'?

Literally the first thing in that sentence is "5'6" :rofl: Please learn to read
Original post by Sena5
have you ever been fat?
no, i don't think so..cos you don't seem to understand the pain.

It seems like you're a rude person too :erm: if she calls you fat, why don't you call her fat too? or something else?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Pikachū
Literally the first thing in that sentence is "5'6" :rofl: Please learn to read

I have read that very carefully tyvm. 5'6 is 167cm. Problem?
Original post by honour
I have read that very carefully tyvm. 5'6 is 167cm. Problem?

Yes I said 5'6 and 60kg is not fat. Not anyone over 60kg. Read pls.
Original post by Pikachū
Yes I said 5'6 and 60kg is not fat. Not anyone over 60kg. Read pls.

"as long as it's around 60 kg it's not fat"

So what if the OP wasn't around 60kg? Maybe 65kg or 67kg? Does that mean she's fat for her height?
Original post by honour
"as long as it's around 60 kg it's not fat"

So what if the OP wasn't around 60kg? Maybe 65kg or 67kg? Does that mean she's fat for her height?

67kg at 5'6 would be quite fat, yes, unless you do weightlifting.

inb4 you bring up bmi. bmi has a massive range and is not accurate.
Original post by Sena5
I cannot think about getting slim at the same time of battling with life to get a degree..wont my mother understand? i terribly hate her.... she is calling me ft everyday..saying "you cannot do a work, see yourself, you are fat!" i cannot take these..would you be able to cope up in such a situation?

Heyy
I just wanted to say you`re doing really well so far. You`ve gotten yourself in a position to get a degree and you should be so proud of yourself! Sometimes some parents can get a bit upset over some things and don`t know how to express themselves correctly so they started taking anger out on others.

I also got called fat by my mum`s friend and I am literally nowhere near fat and it triggered a bunch of awful feelings, so I can only imagine how you feel if this is YOUR MUM and saying this CONTINUOUSLY. Seriously, the best advice I can give you is to stay strong because that`s the only thing you can do in the meantime. Maybe tell her how it makes you feel and if she doesn`t respond then perhaps minimise talk about weight with her. You need to focus on your degree. And I`m sure your weight isn`t bad at all, why would it interfere in you getting work done??
Original post by Pikachū
67kg at 5'6 would be quite fat, yes, unless you do weightlifting.

inb4 you bring up bmi. bmi has a massive range and is not accurate.

BMI is supposed to have a wide range, otherwise you'll be classed from normal to overweight after gaining a few kg xD

You say it's not accurate? In what way? So how exactly do you determine who's fat and who's not?

Latest

Trending

Trending