The Student Room Group

Why do guys respect promiscuous girls less?

Or even a girl walking around in skin tight clothes, cleavage out, ton of makeup etc.
As a girl, I assumed these were the types of girls most attractive to guys but i've come across a few men now who admit that they'd sleep with them but wouldn't commit or respect them less...why is that?

Scroll to see replies

because "respect" isn't given by sex or appearances.
it's given by the authority of who they are and what they've done to be who they are.
it's easy to be a slu- err I mean "promiscuous girl", so why is that something to "respect"?
I respect "studs" more because it's actually difficult to be one of those. that goes back to respect via "who they are and what they've done" as an avenue of respect
you understand?
(edited 7 years ago)
This is why amber rose does her 'slut walk' right !?
Reply 3
Oh dear, "p" word detected.

*grabs popcorn"
Reply 4
Well I don't think it's a matter of respecting them less as people. I think what they really tend to mean is that they wouldn't consider more promiscuous women as potential romantic partners, owing to the fact that they are less likely to be faithful.
Original post by Anonymous
Or even a girl walking around in skin tight clothes, cleavage out, ton of makeup etc.
As a girl, I assumed these were the types of girls most attractive to guys but i've come across a few men now who admit that they'd sleep with them but wouldn't commit or respect them less...why is that?

Someone who is promiscuous has less self respect and loose morals. In the long term we dont want someone like that who talks about "sexually expressing themselves" when all theyre doing is grabbing the attention of horny men to be our wife.

Sorry, but the whole "I wear make up and dress like a slut to impress myself" is a load of hippy crap from twitter.
It's a phenomenon which has come with socially conservative immigrant groups and subsequently fed into low class urban culture, which is why you have horny roadmen who talk about ''baiting out skets''. Growing up, I've literally never encountered this idea that I should be filtering our women based on their sexual past until I started seeing it online, it's so alien to me I find it shocking.
Random hypothesis: On the subconcious level I guess guys are gonna be less likely to really commit to girls who have loads of one night stands because when they do that it raises into question whether commitment is even the gal's thing.

And ofc some people are ****in weird and see these types of girls as morally abhorrent for reasons unknown
Reply 8
Original post by sleepysnooze
because "respect" isn't given by sex or appearances.
it's given by the authority of who they are and what they've done to be who they are.
it's easy to be a slu- err I mean "promiscuous girl", so why is that something to "respect"?
I respect "studs" more because it's actually difficult to be one of those. that goes back to respect via "who they are and what they've done" as an avenue of respect
you understand?

Not a very good argument
Reply 9
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Well I don't think it's a matter of respecting them less as people. I think what they really tend to mean is that they wouldn't consider more promiscuous women as potential romantic partners, owing to the fact that they are less likely to be faithful.

I feel like quite a few women think like this when it comes to men who get around too.
Reply 10
I feel like quite a few women think like this when it comes to men who get around too.

I suppose, and that's completely understandable.
Original post by patriachalking
Someone who is promiscuous has less self respect and loose morals. In the long term we dont want someone like that who talks about "sexually expressing themselves" when all theyre doing is grabbing the attention of horny men to be our wife.

Sorry, but the whole "I wear make up and dress like a slut to impress myself" is a load of hippy crap from twitter.

My morals revolve around being a good person; not judging people without knowing them; and trying to do my best always :smile:

What I wear has no impact on that.

Indeed, it appears as though you violate one of my morals :rolleyes:

It is strange how irl, people don't actually give a **** about how much sex others have; yet on TSR it's one of the main things they judge others on.
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm not sure it's the promiscuity that is the problem but the bragging and attention seeking about their sexual liaisons. And it holds for guys as well. If a guy is constantly going on about how he "smashed this bird and that bird" I tend to think he's a bit of a ****, and whilst girls do it differently there are some girls who like to be the centre of attention by constantly gong on about the drama and gossip of their own involvements with guys, so I think the same about those girls.

But I wouldn't view a woman differently just because she had a lot of sexual partners.

A separate question is how you feel as a guy about a girl who you are potentially getting with, if you find out she has had a lot of sexual partners, and maybe it makes you feel a bit paranoid/insecure thinking she must have been with guys with big penises, really good in bed and so on, is she going to be comparing me. But as long as the girl is cool it's not a big problem, if she's had a lot of sex, she's had a lot of bad sex as well as good sex. When I got with a girl who was significantly more sexually experienced than me, I was a bit unsettled by it at first but it was actually fun because I felt less self-conscious about suggesting experimenting with stuff :sexface:.
Because she likes it
Because girls totally have utmost respect for promiscuous guys or 'f*** boys' as they are now known as
men can't respect hoes
Not a very good argument

it's better than yours: "claim it's a bad argument without explaining why". at least I accounted for mine, didn't I? ****ing hell. make an effort?
Because girls totally have utmost respect for promiscuous guys or 'f*** boys' as they are now known as

There is a difference between being promiscuous and disrespectful.
Same reasons why girls don't like "players" or a "fucboi".

The reason why some guys don't like "promiscuous" girls is because of the way they carry themselves. This doesn't apply to just girls or relationships but to all people in general, it depends on a lot things like the values you were brought up with, what you define as moral or unethical, what characteristics you believe demand respect etc. Sure the way you dress might show you are confident and don't care what others think, but that doesn't mean people will always respect you for it. Same way you can't really be a doctor covered head to toe in tattoos and piercings, no one is gonna trust you or take you seriously. You might be an excellent doctor, but that won't matter, first impressions matter a lot.

No need for some sort of ridiculous theory, just understanding simple social behaviour. While you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, unfortunately generalizations exist for a reason. These are usually the same girls you see on social media partying it up in the club holding drinks in their hands with a photo caption of "goals or slaayyyy gurl !" They're just so basic. That's not exactly the type of girl you can or want to bring home to your mom. Now, for some guys, that's not the type of partner that they want. On the other hand some guys would love a girl they can go out and party with. It just comes down to preference, there is someone out there for everyone.

As for my own taste, i don't want a "girl", i want a woman. A woman has her life together, she knows what she wants in life, is motivated by her passions, she knows she's confident and doesn't have to prove anything to anyone.
Original post by sleepysnooze
it's better than yours: "claim it's a bad argument without explaining why". at least I accounted for mine, didn't I? ****ing hell. make an effort?

You're failing to realise that the sorts of girls these 'studs' pull for one night stands etc are the sorts of girls that would sleep with any guy that showered her with attention etc anyways, not because he's a 10/10 or has 'game'. Hardly an achievement. Therefore, it works both ways.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending