The Student Room Group

Should I keep waiting for my last uni decision?

Hi everyone! I applied to five universities through UCAS way back in October. Four of them have decided:

UCL - offer
Manchester - offer
Edinburgh - offer
and finally... Oxford - rejection (haha)

I am still waiting for Bristol to decide, THEY ARE TAKING AGES. Since I am already confident that I'll choose UCL as my firm and Manchester as my insurance, is there any point in waiting for Bristol to make up their mind?

In case it's relevant, I applied for Maths.

Edinburgh and Bristol are better for maths than Manchester, I'd hold out for Bristol and then rethink your insurance choice.
Original post by mynameispearl
Hi everyone! I applied to five universities through UCAS way back in October. Four of them have decided:

UCL - offer
Manchester - offer
Edinburgh - offer
and finally... Oxford - rejection (haha)

I am still waiting for Bristol to decide, THEY ARE TAKING AGES. Since I am already confident that I'll choose UCL as my firm and Manchester as my insurance, is there any point in waiting for Bristol to make up their mind?

In case it's relevant, I applied for Maths.

There's no benefit to firming earlier than April. You just lose the flexibility to change your mind easily if your circumstances change over the next three months.

Relax, focus on your studies and make your firm and insurance official on Track in April. If Bristol still haven't decided by then you can withdraw but there's nothing to gain from doing that now.
As above - wait.

This isnt a race ('First one to choose their Firm is the winner'). You dont have to make a decision for months about a Firm and Insurance and your ideas about which to pick will probably change in this time. Unpicking a hasty decision is usually impossible so it definitely pays to wait. Bristol will make a decision, and it could be this week ...
Reply 4
Bristol is known to take AGES to respond. The same goes for Exeter (a person who applied on 29th September only got their offer like 2-3 days ago, if that helps). Wait a bit.
If you have made your mind up I think you should not wait
Original post by barnetlad
If you have made your mind up I think you should not wait

What benefit would that give?

You can make up your mind without making a decision official on Track and keep the flexibility to change your mind if things change over the next 1/4 year.

Once it's official on Track changing your mind is complicated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending