The Student Room Group

Why do my average looking friends have boyfriends and my model looking friend is sing

I have a pretty wide friendship group. One thing I've noticed, is that all my relatively average looking friends get boyfriends easily, like genuine good long-term guys. Finding relationships for them is not a hassle.

However I have one good friend that I've been mates with for several years now, she is so sweet. And she is absolutely drop dead gorgeous, like head turning beautiful. She's tall, got a slim but curvy body and a stunning face. Everywhere we go people always stare at her. I used to feel a bit small next to her but she's so nice that you can't hold it against her.

The several years I've known her she has struggled to find a boyfriend/relationship and I don't understand. It doesn't make sense to me how all of us that are nothing special to look at and quite boring personality wise get boyfriends at the click of a finger but yet our super pretty friend who actually used to model can't ever find a relationship. Someone please explain?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It probably is her personality. She might be horrible on the inside. Perhaps you haven't seen that side of her?

Or maybe she's asexual.
xx
(edited 5 years ago)
might be a gold digger or she might not be interested at all
Reply 4
Original post by UWS
It probably is her personality. She might be horrible on the inside. Perhaps you haven't seen that side of her?

Or maybe she's asexual.

Nah we've been fairly close for quite a few years now she wouldn't even hurt a fly. She is too nice, and quite a sensitive person. She's quite bubbly aswell. It's just weird.
in my opinion the better looking women usually neglect the development of their social skills/personalities because they don't need to rely upon it in the same way other people do. this might be why she's not had so much luck. she might also just have very high standards

you say she's tall - how tall? if it's really tall, I can see this being another potential issue
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
Oh actually to be fair one thing I forgot to mention is that she doesn't have a problem getting male attention, it's just they only want to sleep with her never relationships. F boys I think they're called. She cries about it often to me. Thankfully I haven't come across an 'f boy' yet *touch wood*
When you are pretty all the **** boys want you
You don't know how to filter out the good boys so you just dont look.
She probably reached that stage of "all boys are good for nothing pigs"
hopefully she can grow out of it and find a legitimate guy who isn't after sex
Reply 8
Original post by JimboJones_
in my opinion the better looking women usually neglect the development of their social skills/personalities because they don't need to rely upon it in the same way other people do. this might be why she's not had so much luck. she might also just have very high standards

you say she's tall - how tall? if it's really tall, I can see this being another potential issue
tbh never asked her her height but from top of my head....i'm like 5'4 im up to her chest or shoulders. id say maybe 5'10 or 11 random guess
Reply 9
she's probably just being too picky.

yes, a very attractive girl will get some f boys after her, but due to her beauty they'll be a fair amount of guys willing to commit as well....
Original post by Anonymous
I have a pretty wide friendship group. One thing I've noticed, is that all my relatively average looking friends get boyfriends easily, like genuine good long-term guys. Finding relationships for them is not a hassle.

However I have one good friend that I've been mates with for several years now, she is so sweet. And she is absolutely drop dead gorgeous, like head turning beautiful. She's tall, got a slim but curvy body and a stunning face. Everywhere we go people always stare at her. I used to feel a bit small next to her but she's so nice that you can't hold it against her.

The several years I've known her she has struggled to find a boyfriend/relationship and I don't understand. It doesn't make sense to me how all of us that are nothing special to look at and quite boring personality wise get boyfriends at the click of a finger but yet our super pretty friend who actually used to model can't ever find a relationship. Someone please explain?

She may seem less approachable.
People may deselect themselves i.e not in her league.
She may be too picky.
She might not have he right personaliyu that helps her.
She might not make enough effort to meet people.
People might think she is taken.

Have you asked her?
Original post by Anonymous
tbh never asked her her height but from top of my head....i'm like 5'4 im up to her chest or shoulders. id say maybe 5'10 or 11 random guess

yeah that'll do it
that's probably tall to the point that she has very self-limiting height preferences
yeah that'll do it
that's probably tall to the point that she has very self-limiting height preferences

Its not that bad and you dont even know if she is concerned about height.
Original post by 999tigger

1) she said 5'10-11 as if that isn't implying that she *will* have more restrictive preferences than otherwise
2) I said "probably"
Send her my way lmao.

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 999tigger

yeah that'll do it

ye both my ex gfs were around 5'10" and I'm 5'11"

5'10 is in the normal range of height for a girl.
Original post by ChickenMadness
ye both my ex gfs were around 5'10" and I'm 5'11"

5'10 is in the normal range of height for a girl.

um, no it's not, that's taller than the average guy
um, no it's not, that's taller than the average guy

there are many girls that height lol.
Original post by ChickenMadness
there are many girls that height lol.

so what? it's not normal just because there is a multiplicity of girls of that height. that's not how you define "normal"
so what? it's not normal just because there is a multiplicity of girls of that height. that's not how you define "normal"

it's normal lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending