The Student Room Group

Avoiding me but when we bump into each other, acts like its the first time we've met?

We work in the same environment, we used to greet each other all the time but now when he disappears for a week it gets abit awkward afterwards like he is trying his hardest not to look in my direction, but when we do I'm within his proximity his face lights up and asks me how things are going and keeps asking questions. But why is he being hot cold and hot again everytime? I used to feel intimidated to approach but when I talk to him in the most relaxed person!
Reply 1
Maybe he's shy to approach you. What do you talk about? Does he seem interested in the conversation when you talk?
That's a bit what I'm like with this girl I know - I guess I'm trying to disguise how much I like her. And probably failing.
Original post by Anonymous
We work in the same environment, we used to greet each other all the time but now when he disappears for a week it gets abit awkward afterwards like he is trying his hardest not to look in my direction, but when we do I'm within his proximity his face lights up and asks me how things are going and keeps asking questions. But why is he being hot cold and hot again everytime? I used to feel intimidated to approach but when I talk to him in the most relaxed person!

Mmh maybe you're the problem. He sounds like a normal guy minding his own business but you're clearly obsessed. Let him be!
Reply 4
Original post by Zangoose
Mmh maybe you're the problem. He sounds like a normal guy minding his own business but you're clearly obsessed. Let him be!

Obsessed you know 😂 Guys baffle me.
Reply 5
Original post by Chemicals
That's a bit what I'm like with this girl I know - I guess I'm trying to disguise how much I like her. And probably failing.

How would you act if the girl felt the same way as you ? You both disguise your feelings but fail everytime. However deep down you know that a relationship would be out of the question because of priorities.
Original post by Anonymous
How would you act if the girl felt the same way as you ? You both disguise your feelings but fail everytime. However deep down you know that a relationship would be out of the question because of priorities.

I've been thinking over a reply for 45 minutes, but I'm struggling! I reconcile the situation with the line of thought that she probably wouldn't be interested anyway, tbh.

My gut reaction is that it would make seeing her around less awkward; if I wasn't having to pretend I was oblivious to her presence - and sneaking a glance here and there. I guess anything beyond that would depend on how practical and realistic we could both be about those feelings, knowing that ultimately it couldn't go anywhere.
Reply 7
Original post by Chemicals
I've been thinking over a reply for 45 minutes, but I'm struggling! I reconcile the situation with the line of thought that she probably wouldn't be interested anyway, tbh.

My gut reaction is that it would make seeing her around less awkward; if I wasn't having to pretend I was oblivious to her presence - and sneaking a glance here and there. I guess anything beyond that would depend on how practical and realistic we could both be about those feelings, knowing that ultimately it couldn't go anywhere.

It's funny you say that, because that's how I think too! I put him on the pedestal and think he wouldn't be into me. He is exceptionally smart, handsome and hard working and girls swoon over him. But then I think about his behaviour when I'm around and I must be kidding myself if I I think it's unrequited. He asked me if any guy were into me and he seems quite curious about everything. But he is focused on work, for now so I'll let him be.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending