The Student Room Group

Why do I like being/getting chubby?

Hey, i'm 23 and a guy.

I just don't know why, but I like being chubby or like getting chubby. Sometimes i love it, then other times, like now, it just freaks me out a bit. I'm not trolling by the way. I'm not like an unfit guy... like I walk everywhere (I don't drive unless I get the bus), I jog plus I cycle too.

I just like the feeling of a chubby belly for some weird reason. Plus I purposely eat more to keep it chubby or get it chubbier. Like for like the last 6 days in a row, i've eaten a box of 6 cherry bakewells (200 calories each) on top of all my other food.

How can I get away from doing this? It's just a bit odd. Sometimes I love it, but sometimes I just think it's weird.

Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Okay.
If you like it, why stop? As long you're not obese but you're not.
The ways people justify being fat, lol.
You are embracing your true Dad-bod form early-on. It can only be a good thing :biggrin:
Okayyy then..
TREY SONGZ!!!! Ruby rose, priyanka chopra. MALUMA and j balvinnnnn
I don't mind it so much in the winter, makes me look proper joocy and people start assuming I'm a rugby player :rofl: Never again will I be too chunky to want to take my shirt off in the summer though, so depressing...
Original post by whatadon
If you like it, why stop? As long you're not obese but you're not.

Original post by Theresa=Appeaser
The ways people justify being fat, lol.

Original post by BrainyBengali
You are embracing your true Dad-bod form early-on. It can only be a good thing :biggrin:

I'm not obese. I just have a bit of belly. If I wear a jumper, I look slim.

It's just weird. I like it most of the time though, but I just worry what people think. I just like to grab it a bit and it just feels nice. But you reading that, and even me writing that... it just sounds so weird. I can't seem to help it though :frown: I was just wondering if there is anything I can do to stop me thinking like that.

I wouldn't let myself get unhealthy by the way. I love keeping fit and I eat right too... I wouldn't gain anything more than 5 pounds or so.
A bit of belly and a nice chest is the definition of a dad-bod. It's quite attractive to some, and getting rid of a belly is the sometimes the hardest part, as are bingo wings and thigh-fat. Don't worry, I'm sure you're fit - too many people out there think you need a six pack to prove you're healthy :no:
Do you get off on yourself?
A bit of belly and a nice chest is the definition of a dad-bod. It's quite attractive to some, and getting rid of a belly is the sometimes the hardest part, as are bingo wings and thigh-fat. Don't worry, I'm sure you're fit - too many people out there think you need a six pack to prove you're healthy :no:

Original post by WoodyMKC
I don't mind it so much in the winter, makes me look proper joocy and people start assuming I'm a rugby player :rofl: Never again will I be too chunky to want to take my shirt off in the summer though, so depressing...

This is my belly... Like it's not big, just a bit chubby and I just kinda like it...

IMG_4108.JPG
:rofl2: TMI? But seriously, don't feel insecure in any way. I'm sure once you got that jumper on, those big arms and shoulders make you look mad dench :biggrin:
:rofl2: TMI? But seriously, don't feel insecure in any way. I'm sure once you got that jumper on, those big arms and shoulders make you look mad dench :biggrin:

Sorry. I just didn't want people thinking I was like 20 stone haha.

Big arms?
Original post by 2scotty
This is my belly... Like it's not big, just a bit chubby and I just kinda like it...

IMG_4108.JPG

Work that Beer Belly baby, work it!
Original post by Popsiclez
Work that Beer Belly baby, work it!

beer belly? haha
Original post by 2scotty
I'm not obese. I just have a bit of belly. If I wear a jumper, I look slim.

It's just weird. I like it most of the time though, but I just worry what people think. I just like to grab it a bit and it just feels nice. But you reading that, and even me writing that... it just sounds so weird. I can't seem to help it though :frown: I was just wondering if there is anything I can do to stop me thinking like that.

I wouldn't let myself get unhealthy by the way. I love keeping fit and I eat right too... I wouldn't gain anything more than 5 pounds or so.

I'm similar but only have to wear a t-shirt to make myself look slim.
Reply 17
dem curves fill out those clothes better
Were you teased a lot for being too skinny as a child? (just throwing darts here)
Original post by Joel 96
Were you teased a lot for being too skinny as a child? (just throwing darts here)

I was skinny and didn't like it...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending