The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hydeman
There goes the eminently rigorous field of Hadith science. Many scholars will be out of job thanks to you. :sad:

Is this a joke? Not very funny!
Original post by QE2
You say I hate Muslims, I say you hate disbelievers. I say this because the Quran says you do.
You think we are the vilest of animals (8:55), and that there is enmity and hate between us until I accept Allah (60:4), not to mention the fact that you think I deserve to be tortured for eternity simply for requiring reasonable evidence for the extraordinary claims of Islam. Not nice.

I, on the other hand, don't hate you, or other Muslims, I am just strongly opposed to Islam as an ideology (you can call it "hate" if you want, I'm not so keen on the word myself).

It's Allah that hates disbelievers. I believe Muslims should treat disbelievers as people, but should aim to show them the right way. The Quran clearly states that disbelievers will spend eternity in Hellfire, so of course Muslims would want to convert others, for their own good.
Is it just me or are there more non muslims replying ? Anyway inshallah things will get better keep on going with your imaan. Like you said you dont see a future with him so you cant really pursue. Im like that too, if there is someone who isnt muslim i'll talk to her etc but I know there's nothing that will come of it.

Now its wriiten who your spouse is, inshallah you will find him. Now my advice would be try to slowly get some understanding with your parents, because family is important. If not try speaking to the local mosque ?
Original post by AishaGirl
People convert to Islam every single day. Perhaps you may be one of them? Whether it's tomorrow, next year or when you're laying on your death bed, you never know when your heart will open up.

Allahu alim.

You should look up the Ex Muslim council in Britain. Lots of people leave Islam. Majority of people just don't say it because isn't the penalty for apostasy death?

Oh yes and Islam is only the fastest growing religion due to birth rates and then the indoctrination. Not because of conversions.

Original post by h333
Yeah we get it, you hate Islam and its followers. No problem, I don't expect any respect. I was thinking about the OP because her thread is just ruined now but fine carry on.

Well some members of the ISOC aren't exactly helping themselves on this thread by posting misogynistic and arrogant BS. If they're going to be like that in the name of religion, then they are deluded to think that they won't get any criticism.
Original post by BigTraderBoi
It's Allah that hates disbelievers. I believe Muslims should treat disbelievers as people, but should aim to show them the right way. The Quran clearly states that disbelievers will spend eternity in Hellfire, so of course Muslims would want to convert others, for their own good.

Oh dear that sucks. Do you know they'll provide alcohol and vegetarian food in hell? But thanks so much for caring about people who have no interest in converting to Islam. I wish there was a medal for people for you!
Original post by QE2
Not quite.
Muslims are individuals who hold varying beliefs (compare Mohammad Emwazi to Majid Nawaaz), and I will judge them as individuals on the basis of their words and deeds, as I do with everyone.
However, I do indeed think that Islamic beliefs are ridiculous, and I have no respect for anyone who claims that those beliefs are perfect and preferable to the values of liberal, secular democracy.

I will challenge them all, but Islam is the one that comes up the most and Muslims tend to make the most ridiculous claims.

Very unprofessional, you admit you won't respect anyone just because they disagree with your opinions. To another your values maybe seen as ridiculous, this word "ridiculous" is quite unprofessional and shows that you are very angry and hate the fact they hold different values to you. Also, using this word repeatedly does not make simply make something ridiculous, you are only convincing yourself that it does.

From this I can conclude that you are probably focusing, attacking, challenging and interested in Islam because it is highly mentioned and spoken about now eg in the media. Furthermore, you are being bias towards Islam and quite obsessed with it more than other faiths, when other faiths also have some similar teachings or teachings that you do not approve of. Just because they don't come up as often as Islam does not mean they don't exist. It maybe that you're not being truthful that you in fact like to avoid them because it does not give you the same triumph as it does when challenging Islam. You not approving the religions, does mean that those faiths are in fact wrong enirely. Clearly, you seem to think that you hold great knowledge about these faiths (especially Islam), but reality is you know very little and mostly just go to find negatives about anything relating to a creator. As a result, you fail or do not desire to aknowledge understanding and reasonings associated with any faith, especially Islam. I also sense intolerance as you clearly don't want Muslims to believe in their faith or can't seem to accept the idea that humans believe in a creator.

You have given a very subjective and hypocritical reply. Very bias indeed and this is coming from a neutral perspective. Anyway, would love to see you actually challenge other faiths just like the way you passionately challenge Islam.

Latest

Trending

Trending