The Student Room Group

My friends don't talk to me

At lunch today nobody spoke to me so I ate my sandwich them went to the library. I couldn't talk to anyone as there wasn't space on the table so I got a chair but they promptly shut me out. Any ideas?
Original post by chemistry_genius
At lunch today nobody spoke to me so I ate my sandwich them went to the library. I couldn't talk to anyone as there wasn't space on the table so I got a chair but they promptly shut me out. Any ideas?

hey!
are you at school/sixth form/ college?
hmm maybe you need new friends? - they don't appear to be very friendly from your description.
I did that through quite a lot at school & did some homework in the library it meant I didn't have to do it when I got home
are there any clubs/extra curricular activities you could join in or out of school to make friends which you would be interested in?

:smile:
Original post by bizzy_penguin
hey!
are you at school/sixth form/ college?
hmm maybe you need new friends? - they don't appear to be very friendly from your description.
I did that through quite a lot at school & did some homework in the library it meant I didn't have to do it when I got home
are there any clubs/extra curricular activities you could join in or out of school to make friends which you would be interested in?

:smile:

There are no lunch clubs whichkinda sucks but I only have to put up with them for another 4 months then everyone goes their own way end of main school. I do go to science club though but only year 7s go but never mindddddd
Original post by chemistry_genius
There are no lunch clubs whichkinda sucks but I only have to put up with them for another 4 months then everyone goes their own way end of main school. I do go to science club though but only year 7s go but never mindddddd

besides friends - I used to help in the school library when I was at school, you could ask to help out?there may be a book club type thing, aside from that revision groups and sessions normally start around now - could you go to them (sounds boring, but you could improve your grades when your "friends" hang out)
If you feel lonely you can join us lovely people on the student room more often and talk to us - we can keep you company
don't forget to choose a college/sixth form with good extra curricular & social activities & facilities (another reason why I chose to go to college after one year of sixth form)
Original post by bizzy_penguin
besides friends - I used to help in the school library when I was at school, you could ask to help out?there may be a book club type thing, aside from that revision groups and sessions normally start around now - could you go to them (sounds boring, but you could improve your grades when your "friends" hang out)
If you feel lonely you can join us lovely people on the student room more often and talk to us - we can keep you company
don't forget to choose a college/sixth form with good extra curricular & social activities & facilities (another reason why I chose to go to college after one year of sixth form)

Might try that thanks!
I had to put up with the same situation as you many many times but in the end it all works out well and everybody has a happy ending!(Well at least for me). Making true and real friends is very hard if you are in high school, most people will make "friends" with you for what you have not for who you are. Real friends will make friends with you for who you are.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending