The Student Room Group

Student Finance/NHS Bursary and changes to circumstances

Hi!

I'm a little bit confused about what I can do in my current situation. I'm a first year student nurse at Uclan, and I started in September last year. I'd planned to live at home but my circumstances have changed and I need to move out, so ideally in Preston so I'm closer to uni. However, I'm not sure how I'd go about this financially. I get the maximum allowance from Student Finance for living at home but I'm not sure if this could be upped if I were to move out, and it's the same with my bursary. Does anybody know how I can change my circumstances and apply for a bigger loan from SFE? Or if they would even give me a bigger loan for living out etc?

Thanks!
I think you'd probably get better answers to this by posting it in Student Finance.

Spoiler

Original post by DaniEllaWynn1
Hi!

I'm a little bit confused about what I can do in my current situation. I'm a first year student nurse at Uclan, and I started in September last year. I'd planned to live at home but my circumstances have changed and I need to move out, so ideally in Preston so I'm closer to uni. However, I'm not sure how I'd go about this financially. I get the maximum allowance from Student Finance for living at home but I'm not sure if this could be upped if I were to move out, and it's the same with my bursary. Does anybody know how I can change my circumstances and apply for a bigger loan from SFE? Or if they would even give me a bigger loan for living out etc?

Thanks!

There's a change of circumstance form in your NHS boss account so you d need to fill that in and send a tenancy agreement as proof, sfe has a change of circumstance form too. You should get an increase but it s likely to be a few hundred rather than making up how much your rent would cost.

Original post by Reality Check
I think you'd probably get better answers to this by posting it in Student Finance.

Spoiler

Good call:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending