The Student Room Group

steroids

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Unistudent77
That one REALLY annoys me. Like WHO is still peddling that BS?!?

One of those hearsay things :lol: About 6 months ago actually my best mate's step-dad, who works as a prison guard, came home and said "Some big guy died at work today, they found him in his cell with a needle on the floor. I reckon it was a steroid overdose!" like anyone has ever died from a huge influx of testosterone :rofl:
Original post by WoodyMKC
One of those hearsay things :lol: About 6 months ago actually my best mate's step-dad, who works as a prison guard, came home and said "Some big guy died at work today, they found him in his cell with a needle on the floor. I reckon it was a steroid overdose!" like anyone has ever died from a huge influx of testosterone :rofl:

Did they even check the syringe?
Nah they weren't intravenously injecting hard drugs such as heroin (which will not be pure as the guy's in a prison so the less pure the heroin is, the greater the risk of infection etc. Random fact: pure heroin has no physical side effects)..... 'he was using roids cos he's big so must have died from anabolic steroids. cheating ****, why can't he just inject drugs like the rest of them' (honestly that is the attitude of some)

Even my mates are kind of like that. Non-lifters who see it as 'cheating' (cheating whom? haha) and then they go 'I knew that guy doesn't have the work ethic to really train to look like that'... (I'm like, bro you don't even lift. Maybe that guy on some stupid reality tv show is being retarded for using roids so he can drink, party a lot and still look great but talk about jealousy)

They also go 'I'd never do that'... yet sniff Ket, coke, mandy, pills etc etc. The hypocrisy is unreal but they can't see it
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Unistudent77
Did they even check the syringe?
Nah they weren't intravenously injecting hard drugs such as heroin (which will not be pure as the guy's in a prison so the less pure the heroin is, the greater the risk of infection etc. Random fact: pure heroin has no physical side effects)..... 'he was using roids cos he's big so must have died from anabolic steroids. cheating ****, why can't he just inject drugs like the rest of them' (honestly that is the attitude of some)

Even my mates are kind of like that. Non-lifters who see it as 'cheating' (cheating whom? haha) and then they go 'I knew that guy doesn't have the work ethic to really train to look like that'... (I'm like, bro you don't even lift. Maybe that guy on some stupid reality tv show is being retarded for using roids so he can drink, party a lot and still look great but talk about jealousy)

They also go 'I'd never do that'... yet sniff Ket, coke, mandy, pills etc etc. The hypocrisy is unreal but they can't see it

Nope, likely not :lol: Probably, as you said, as nice little cocktail of hard drugs plus whatever fillers and random powders made from god knows what are put in there. Oh yeah, like that competitive bodybuilder that went on This Morning a few years ago, whinging that steroids ruined his life, made his heart explode and all that jazz... a bit of research brings up a bunch of videos and stuff about how anyone that knows him knows he had a cocaine addiction at the time, which he likes to quietly brush under the carpet.

Yeah, the whole "you don't have to train as hard or eat as strict on roids" idea is total BS. It's basically an enhancer that multiplies your results. If you half-ass your training and don't eat enough to gain, then you don't gain, simple as that really. They also work by increasing protein turnover rate, meaning you have to eat a lot of protein to take advantage of them otherwise they can't do their job. The guys I know who are on them as well train 5 or even 6 days a week and train their arses off, you can't get away with that so much as a natty.

Granted, there are a lot of people who use them to pick up the slack in their training or diet and the drugs will help, but these are the guys who just look decent but still well within natural limits. You could get the results they're getting all naturally if you put the effort in and you'd save yourself money and potential health problems.
Think I said before that I go to two different gyms, one is a hardcore backstreet gym and the other is a chain. The lads at the chain gym make me laugh. Openly discussing their steroid use because it makes them feel bad-ass, and they have to brag about it because you wouldn't know otherwise. I was talking to one of them and he simply would not believe that I've not used anything, because he's banging in a gram of testosterone a week and he still looks small compared to me :rofl: but I've seen him train and I've asked him what his diet is like and it's clear to see he's just wasting his money on the drugs, because he's clueless - "I just eat when I'm hungry" isn't the answer I expected to hear :lol: I did try and explain some basics to him but you know, you can just tell when someone isn't really taking it in haha.
Original post by WoodyMKC
Nope, likely not :lol: Probably, as you said, as nice little cocktail of hard drugs plus whatever fillers and random powders made from god knows what are put in there. Oh yeah, like that competitive bodybuilder that went on This Morning a few years ago, whinging that steroids ruined his life, made his heart explode and all that jazz... a bit of research brings up a bunch of videos and stuff about how anyone that knows him knows he had a cocaine addiction at the time, which he likes to quietly brush under the carpet.

Yeah, the whole "you don't have to train as hard or eat as strict on roids" idea is total BS. It's basically an enhancer that multiplies your results. If you half-ass your training and don't eat enough to gain, then you don't gain, simple as that really. They also work by increasing protein turnover rate, meaning you have to eat a lot of protein to take advantage of them otherwise they can't do their job. The guys I know who are on them as well train 5 or even 6 days a week and train their arses off, you can't get away with that so much as a natty.

Granted, there are a lot of people who use them to pick up the slack in their training or diet and the drugs will help, but these are the guys who just look decent but still well within natural limits. You could get the results they're getting all naturally if you put the effort in and you'd save yourself money and potential health problems.
Think I said before that I go to two different gyms, one is a hardcore backstreet gym and the other is a chain. The lads at the chain gym make me laugh. Openly discussing their steroid use because it makes them feel bad-ass, and they have to brag about it because you wouldn't know otherwise. I was talking to one of them and he simply would not believe that I've not used anything, because he's banging in a gram of testosterone a week and he still looks small compared to me :rofl: but I've seen him train and I've asked him what his diet is like and it's clear to see he's just wasting his money on the drugs, because he's clueless - "I just eat when I'm hungry" isn't the answer I expected to hear :lol: I did try and explain some basics to him but you know, you can just tell when someone isn't really taking it in haha.

Yeah i agree, the issues with steroids are significantly exaggerated (as long as the person knows what they are doing)

True, enhanced lifters who are advanced in development will be working far harder than a natural, however, that option simply isn't open to a natural due to the very real threat of overtraining.
I respect those guys and it's inspirational (natty or not).

It's more the enhanced guys who, as you say, are only at the bigger end of natty. They don't really know how to train nor eat. The 'I don't track anything' people, even training. It's the drugs that make them look reasonable because they hit the gym consistently.

Far too much test to be using at his size.
It's people like that who make steroids seem so much worse because they simply don't know what they are doing and that will lead to big issues
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest