The Student Room Group

Architecture 2017 Entry!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Isinglass
Are you actually unable to move out of London for some reason, or have you just decided that you don't want to? To add a four hour round trip to the workload of your degree seems a bizarre decision to make, frankly. League table rankings notwithstanding, CSM would be the sensible option - you can still choose not to spend any more time than is necessary at your place of study (at Kent, the decision would be more or less governed by transport considerations), but at least you wouldn't be spending twenty-odd hours a week travelling.

Original post by GrétaPanna
Isn't the scholarship making you able to move? I'd advise you to choose Kent, but not if it means soooo much travel on a daily basis.

Good luck, let us know your decision :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm actually unable to move due to personal reasons unfortunately so I'm trying o see if its worth it. I was thinking of trying Kent for a year if I can't handle it, transfer for the next year. But I again that's a bit risky if they don't have any spaces.
Original post by twenty16app
got offer from the Bartlett, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Manchester and AA School.
After neogotiating with my parents I've finally made up my mind on the AA School

Wont be here as often now
wish everyone the best of luck!!

congrats!! when was your UCL interview?
is there anyone else here who had to send a digital portfolio to edinburgh by 31 march?
Original post by EmmaNuel8
is there anyone else here who had to send a digital portfolio to edinburgh by 31 march?

I don't think they require digital portfolio, me and my friends all received straight offers.
Sheffield keep trying to call me on the phone for some reason... Is this happening to anyone else and does anyone know why they would be calling me, would it be to lower an offer or something similar?
Original post by BasilBrick
Sheffield keep trying to call me on the phone for some reason... Is this happening to anyone else and does anyone know why they would be calling me, would it be to lower an offer or something similar?

Some universities operate student calling campaigns this time of year - current students ringing offer holders to ask if they've got any questions (and generally try to get you pick them as you firm choice or if you've already picked them as firm to try to make sure you don't change your mind).
Original post by bbglop
Alright fellow archis,
This is it for me. Finally got eliminated by Barlett today, that's 3 survivals and 2 deaths.
Now I just need to get those damn points.

I probably won't come here again for a while, so best of luck to everybody taking the exams, and especially to the poor souls still waiting. (remember no news is good news!) :wavey:

Haha same here mate 😂 And good luck to everyone and hope to see some of you in October!!!
Reply 1347
is anyone here firming the bartlett? and is there a bartlett offer holders facebook group? i can't seem to find one
Original post by EmmaNuel8
congrats!! when was your UCL interview?

31st of March :smile:
Original post by twenty16app
31st of March :smile:

Wow,
I thought they usually take 4 weeks?
And with that, I got rejected 😭

Good luck to the rest still waiting!

PS I had my interview 16th March since people are gonna ask so they reply typically 4-5 weeks after.
I'm in :smile: !!! Got my offers all sorted and I've accepted :smile:
Original post by starsfly
Wow,
I thought they usually take 4 weeks?

They usually take months...

Posted from TSR Mobile
guess they are about to make their last decisions now..
Congrats! When is your Bartlett interview?
Has anyone got any replies from the Bartlett today??
How did all the interviews go this week?

Posted from TSR Mobile
@Zoeeeeeee @EmmaNuel8 how was your interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wonder if they'd respond to a request of how many unprocessed applicants they still have to deal with? I also wonder what the process is - perhaps a daily meeting lasting 45 mins where they can review and accept/reject maybe 100 candidates. So if the backlog is 1,000 then it could be 2 weeks of work just to do the rubber-stamping.

But I agree that once all the interviews are done, they can make decisions on the many marginal cases.
Original post by GrétaPanna
@Zoeeeeeee @EmmaNuel8 how was your interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

my interview was alright.. i guess? although the interviewer seemed very tired (i was almost the last one) and it went pretty quick

my question to those with offers: could you tell your interview went well?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending