The Student Room Group

Im a male 16 and im only 5'5 (165cm)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Kevinnnn
Lol but we did date and i broke up wiith her stupidly. Now however im trying everything to be back together and she says im a good guy. ITS JUST MY HEIGHT , SHE DOESNT LIKE THE FACT SHE CANNOT WEAR HEELS WITH ME

she was with you once she can be with you again. Just hold of being needy, act cool and if she says that **** just say "kk you're the one missing out" in a playful way.

Good luck mate :smile:.
Yeh I shot up around your age to 6 foot, after being on the smallest. And if you dont, hell, lots of short men have made their mark.

[video="youtube;59UOxnEgW4U"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59UOxnEgW4U[/video]
Reply 42
Original post by george.corby
Honestly, I hate being small (16 male 5" 1) but I'd far rather be small than have learning difficulties, live in poverty or have a physical disability. You have to take what you get. There's always people worse off than you, even if you hate your position.

true i should feel lucky and i know . WHich is why im not really taking it as a major deal
Im really worried about my height. As most of my friends or people around my age are at least 5'7 so i feel really short.
Most people tell me i look like im 14 due to my height and my "baby face" . And my diet its balanced and I am very active too. Also i tend to sleep 9-10 hours everyday and stretch myself often but nothing seems to work.
My dad is 5'8 and my mum about 5'2.
I have only grown 4cm in 3 years. So when i was 13 i was 161cm.

Is there a chance of me getting taller? Were any of you short at 16 and tall now?
Please write below
:smile:
Does it matter?
Reply 44
its all about genes so will be ok dw

I doubt it man, I've always been short.
Original post by WoodyMKC
FWIW, I was 5'8'' when I was 16. I hit a growth spurt when I was 17 and by the time I was 18 I'd grown to 6'2''. So there's hope yet.

Lol, I stopped growing when I was 14.....doctors said I'd be 6 foot 8 when I'm 21.....Well, I'm only 19 so there's still hope!
FWIW, I was 5'8'' when I was 16. I hit a growth spurt when I was 17 and by the time I was 18 I'd grown to 6'2''. So there's hope yet.

This makes me feel better too, I'm (just) 17 and about 5'7.5" - I'm apparently predicted to hit 6 ft + can't wait
Its just not nice to be called short or feel vulnerable

Oh yeah obviously. I was referring to people who arent small but they think they sre.
Original post by Anonymous
you better not be joking -.-

because being on anon is only is you are posting personal stuff or issues where you dont want people to know who you are

so being reported is if anon is being misused...

What why is it so serious though?
Its a bit pathetic imo.
I was 5' 7" at 13 years old.
I'm still 5' 7 at almost 19 years old.
Your dad and mum are the same height as my dad and mum. Maybe you'll grow an inch or too.
But you shouldn't be worried about growing or not, because in the end height doesn't matter (unless you're in the extremes where you can't reach most things or you bang your head into a lot of things)
Learn to accept who you are and focus on the things that you CAN change and don't worry about this things that are out of your control, and you'll end up a happier and healthier person :smile:
OP lets say you do stay that height, don't feel bad about yourself. There are many girls that would still date you :smile:
Thank you so muchhhh. I feel way better now. There is this girl which i like shes 5'7 but she says im good looking just not tall enough ;(
she sounds terrible! "You're cute but I can't date you because you're not tall enough for me" yuck.
Original post by george.corby
I'm 16, male, am 5" 1 and you have no idea how little sympathy I have for you.

This.

And to think, there are actually men who are 5'11 who whine about being "short". :redface:
(edited 6 years ago)
well dude, maybe you will get a little taller, but your parents are pretty short, your best bet is just to eat good foods

For real???? How tall were your parents and what did you eat/how much sleep/ and what exercise did you do at 16?

For real???? how tall are your parents? what did you eat at 16? what exercise did you do and how much did you sleep at 16?
Original post by Ninjakilla2408
For real???? how tall are your parents? what did you eat at 16? what exercise did you do and how much did you sleep at 16?

My dad is average height, my mum is short. Through my teens and early 20s I didn't eat much. I slept pretty average hours.

If you're going to be tall, you're going to be tall. It's either in your genes or it isn't, there's no proof that anything you do or not do can prevent it cause a growth spurt.
Trust me, from personal experience, if you actually had a growth disorder you'd know about it.

You'd find it ridiculously hard to gain any muscle and maintain fitness, you would probably have to have a nap after school from sheer exhaustion, you would be the smallest in your year by not just a few centimetres, 4 inches.

Mine was diagnosed so now I have injections. But even so, 4ft 8 to 5 ft 1 (but still growing i guess) is still pretty sh*t.

You have nothing to worry about, if the person you like doesn't want to go out with you because your small, personally, I think your too good for them anyway.
im 97 years old and im 84cm tall.
Well I'm 20 and only 5ft 9 if that makes you feel better

Quick Reply

Latest