The Student Room Group

How much more attractive are guys who have athletic/muscular bodies?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SGHD26716
He's probably sick of the sight of our usernames.

Who wouldn't be?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow.

You got married quick

You were his best man at the wedding.
Original post by tapir
What about lean non-athletic girls??

There was a girl in my French class who was a basketballer and she got with a guy that was too.

yeah lean girls in general can get a lot of attention from athletic guys but it depends on the guy - I've seen some athletic guys go for rounder/fuller women. It can vary I suppose.
Reply 43
Original post by TheAlchemistress
And when will that be? 🤔 Hopefully soon! Am not gonna derail this thread, don't want to kill the comments.

Fine. Here it is. @StrawbEm

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)
Yeah I'm a skinny boy and don't haveuch motivation to work out gotta say. Maybe it's not just the muscles but the determination to work hard that girls like?
Original post by CleverSquirrel
no matter how good your body is, face will always be more important- i mean we see your face first, unless youre planning on walking around topless or something- but its always the face that we find attractive! :yep:
i go more on personality though, body doesnt make a difference to me

Imo a good body also makes a person's face look better.

I think it's down to the lower body fat % that shows in the face, and the better diet (needed to get in good shape) that has an effect too.
@SGHD26716
@StrawbEm

You still owe my sis an apology.

I know right...where the hell is my apology?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
She'll get one once I feel sorry for my actions.

Better be quick

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh, yes we are blood related.
lol oki:u:
Fine. Here it is. @StrawbEm

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

I'm disappointed in you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by StrawbEm
I'm disappointed in you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here, I apologize on behalf of him.
Signing off
Same here, I apologize on behalf of him.

Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gaining muscle won't make your face better.
Reply 55
Original post by black1blade
Maybe it's not just the muscles but the determination to work hard that girls like?
No, it's definitely the muscles. Before the 1900s, guys had much denser bones and usually worked very physical blue collar jobs. People didn't have to work out, their job WAS the workout. People invented aerobics and such to compensate for the lack of physical activity people were getting.

Look at this photos of the Australian aboriginals:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/bzD2JZ6niMM/hqdefault.jpg
https://totallycoolpix.com/images/tcp_thumbnails/1417/croc-hunters__tcp_large.jpg
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by tapir
No, it's definitely the muscles. Before the 1900s, guys had much denser bones and usually worked very physical blue collar jobs. People didn't have to work out, their job WAS the workout. People invented aerobics and such to compensate for the lack of physical activity people were getting.

Yeah obviously muscles are hot but working hard is also an attractive quality.
Agreed losing body fat in general makes the face look so much better, even if you don't notice it or people you see daily, people who haven't seen you in ages pick up the difference immediately.

If a guy has a good body physique then it would be hard to say he's ugly regardless of face unless there's some birth defect or something. Sure your face might not be your best feature and it might be awful but if you're in good shape it's hard to go to far wrong.
Reply 58
Athletic from professional sports is different from gym muscles. Most sports won't result in huge muscles everywhere, but the overall effect will probably be more pleasant. However, to practice a sport enough that it shapes your body, you have to put in serious time so it's necessary that you like it for other reasons too. Body can increase your attractiveness by 2 for everyone and by 3 for certain girls. But again, if you overtrain at the gym and get too big and bulky, not everyone will find you attractive.
Original post by tapir
Professional sport? It's not professional unless you get payed. Anyway, yes in general girls prefer guys that are slim or muscular than fat guys. Currently I'm 1.82m and about 75kg, but I used to be 105kg. I lost a lot of weight by jogging.

You don't have to be super buff like you play rugby, but swimmers and guys who run track will still get more attention from girls than guys that are flabby.

I think I might've injured my fibula when I was jogging, so I can't jog atm. I'm bummed about it cause I'm already gaining back weight.:frown: Honestly, I think swimming is the safest way to stay in shape. You're much more likely to get injured running and doing other sports.

Edit: Apparently @WoodyMKC only lifts for an hour and half at a time. He could be lying, but ask him yourself. He's definitely in shape.

Bro some thing happened to me so I have to just walk atm, I think it might have been my shoes, probs need to invest in a good pair on running shoes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending