The Student Room Group

Migrant Worker Application submitted in April no reply

Hi,

I am a migrant worker from France (arrived in April 2014). I submitted my application mid April and sent further infomation as requested late April. As of today, I still don't have an answer regarding a possible tuition fee loan as the application status is still shown as "submitted". It is a bit worrying as I don't know if I can afford to go to Uni next month. I have called many times since June and I have always had the same answer "all documents received, you should have an update within 3 weeks", which never happened.
Can someone advise if the Migrant Worker Team is running late on processing applications? If so, can I expect to have a reply within the next two weeks?

Thanks
Original post by kateeliz
Hi,

I am a migrant worker from France (arrived in April 2014). I submitted my application mid April and sent further infomation as requested late April. As of today, I still don't have an answer regarding a possible tuition fee loan as the application status is still shown as "submitted". It is a bit worrying as I don't know if I can afford to go to Uni next month. I have called many times since June and I have always had the same answer "all documents received, you should have an update within 3 weeks", which never happened.
Can someone advise if the Migrant Worker Team is running late on processing applications? If so, can I expect to have a reply within the next two weeks?

Thanks

Hi kateeliz

To check the progress of your application you would need to contact us on the number below.

Tel: 0300 100 0607

(Open Monday to Friday from 8.00am to 8.00pm and between 9.00am and 4.00pm on Saturday and Sunday. Local call rates apply).

Thanks Catherine
Original post by Catherine SFE
Hi kateeliz

To check the progress of your application you would need to contact us on the number below.

Tel: 0300 100 0607

(Open Monday to Friday from 8.00am to 8.00pm and between 9.00am and 4.00pm on Saturday and Sunday. Local call rates apply).

Thanks Catherine

Hi Catherine,
I have called many many times and nothing has changed and I didn't get any more information either. I am always told to wait 3 weeks and to check my student finance account online. It would really be helpful to know if the Migrant Worker Team got a backlog and an estimate of the time needed for that team to process an application. Could you please answer this question?Almost 4 months now...it's quite long.
Hi kateeliz,

I assume you are applying as a home student via the Migrant Worker route for Tuition Fee Loan (TFL) and Maintenance Loan (ML)?

Calling in on 0300 100 0607 is the best way to check the progress of your application as we do not have access to your account on social media platforms.

To give you a bit of guidance on how processing works. When you submit your application the first thing we would check is your eligibility. That can cover your ID and your course. As long as your course is designated for funding and linked correctly to your application and as long as we have had valid original EU ID evidence from you then the Migrant Worker Team would review evidence of your employment and earnings. If there was a delay in your ID being accepted that can make your application take a lot longer to process overall.

Once they have valid ID then your application would be reviewed based on timescales for the Migrant worker team and they are currently taking 19 working days.

Since you have said it has taken almost four months that is taking longer than expected so I would definitely call in and ask for an explanation as to why it has taken so long.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending