The Student Room Group

22 years old and my hair is thinning to the point of baldness.

my hair was really long and i could not notice much hair thinning as my long hair covered it up

however when i went to get a haircut, i realized just how thin my hair was and you could see my scalp

the barber said i have lost about 60% percent of my hair from the top....

i have been feeling really depressed lately.

my life is already a mess, i suffer from a severe mental disorder.

my confidence levels have dropped , i am crippled and unable to leave my home.

i miss my hair when i was 18 years old, my thick and luscious locks :frown:..

what do i do? i dont have money for a hair transplant...

i take 5 different kinds of vitamins for hair, i use expensive hair loss shampoos , i use hair loss liquids on my hair...i use hair oils....i dont use products in my hair..... i dont tower dry my hair....i wash my hair with cold water...i dont brush my hair too hard...

i have tried everything !! what do i do :frown:

i feel awful

Scroll to see replies

Try using coconut oil and apply it every day. Massage your head [with oil], keep it warm (wear a hat outside), avoid using shampoo with sulfates.

You will be fine :smile:
Pattern baldness is typically caused by your hair follicles being overly susceptible to DHT binding, so most stuff you use on the surface of your hair won't do much, except for maybe minoxidil which can take a very long time to show results. You can of course take tablets to stop this mechanism from occurring by blocking DHT, but they come with some potentially nasty side effects, such as impotence, headaches and generally feeling unwell. They're the sort of thing you'd have to take for the rest of your life as well.
You can get a finasteride prescription either from your GP, or even apparently just from a brief online assessment at a high street druggist. It looks fairly expensive though, and it according to wikipedia it doesn't actually make any long term improvements, once you stop taking it.

While it's probably distressing now, realistically it's not that bad a thing, and there are plenty bald guys that are no worse for it (or for that matter, unattractive).
Onion juice should do the trick, although it does take a couple of months. I think it works by providing vitamins to your hair follicles.
Also, as someone said before, coconut oil
Your diet can also be an issue, so make sure you are drinking plenty of water, and having a balanced diet
will the oil actually work?

i sometimes use argan oil
Original post by WoodyMKC
Pattern baldness is typically caused by your hair follicles being overly susceptible to DHT binding, so most stuff you use on the surface of your hair won't do much, except for maybe minoxidil which can take a very long time to show results. You can of course take tablets to stop this mechanism from occurring by blocking DHT, but they come with some potentially nasty side effects, such as impotence, headaches and generally feeling unwell. They're the sort of thing you'd have to take for the rest of your life as well.

so what do i do then ?
Original post by artful_lounger
You can get a finasteride prescription either from your GP, or even apparently just from a brief online assessment at a high street druggist. It looks fairly expensive though, and it according to wikipedia it doesn't actually make any long term improvements, once you stop taking it.

While it's probably distressing now, realistically it's not that bad a thing, and there are plenty bald guys that are no worse for it (or for that matter, unattractive).

a bald head wont suit my face shape and my facial features?

what do i do? does the medicine cost? i have no money
the medicine cost , i have no money

Original post by Unnamed User
Onion juice should do the trick, although it does take a couple of months. I think it works by providing vitamins to your hair follicles.
Also, as someone said before, coconut oil
Your diet can also be an issue, so make sure you are drinking plenty of water, and having a balanced diet

i cant drink water because of my severe mental disorder.

i do use argan oil sometimes, is that ok?

and i have never been suggested onion juice before ?
Original post by study beats
will the oil actually work?

i sometimes use argan oil

Yes it will work.
what if i used argan oil ?
On the positive note, baldness can be styled as highly masculine if styled properly, and wearing glasses can be an option as a fashion accessory. This is my plan in the case of going bald.
what if i used argan oil ?

You can use both and mix them
the medicine cost , i have no money

i cant drink water because of my severe mental disorder.

i do use argan oil sometimes, is that ok?

and i have never been suggested onion juice before ?

I do know websites which say that argan oil is good, but the reason why I say onion juice is because there are websites which give statistics showing hair regrowth, and there are lots of people who agree that onion juice works if you look at different websites.
Apply it twice/thrice a week for a couple of weeks.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 14
utter bullsht
don't listen to this bstrd
I'm sorry but it's probably time to give it up and accept this is a losing battle.

Shave it off and grow a beard. It can actually look quite good.
Original post by Sweyn Forkbeard
I'm sorry but it's probably time to give it up and accept this is a losing battle.

Shave it off and grow a beard. It can actually look quite good.

NEVER !!!

I WILL NEVER GIVE up

i am literally crying myself to sleep everyday

i havent left the house in 2 weeks

i want my hair back, plz what do i do?
Reply 17
[video="youtube;xYl5WqBo5nI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYl5WqBo5nI[/video]
save up for a hair transplant

is it really that deep?

if you don't have the money now then live with it for a couple of years
NEVER !!!

I WILL NEVER GIVE up

i am literally crying myself to sleep everyday

i havent left the house in 2 weeks

i want my hair back, plz what do i do?

Try the onion juice for a few months.
Also, you have to keep on working hard towards your goals. Don't let something like this come in the way of your success.
Life is short, so you have to make the most of it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending