The Student Room Group

Russel Group Foundation Degree or Non Russel Group UNI

I will get the grades to be able to do an Engineering Foundation year at UoB, or to go straight to a EE Degree at UoP. I really liked both when I went to see them. Do you think that going to a Russel Group uni will make much of a difference in the long term. UoP has 96% employability for EE and an above average wage after 6 months. Probably sounding a bit biased as I really like UoP.
Original post by ellster2000
I will get the grades to be able to do an Engineering Foundation year at UoB, or to go straight to a EE Degree at UoP. I really liked both when I went to see them. Do you think that going to a Russel Group uni will make much of a difference in the long term. UoP has 96% employability for EE and an above average wage after 6 months. Probably sounding a bit biased as I really like UoP.

Can you explain what "UoB" and "UoP" is?

If you like UoP then go there. No point doing a foundation year if you can go straight into first year (unless you feel that you are quite weak at maths and physics, and that an extra year focusing on them would help), and the Russell Group doesn't seem to be of particular concern to people outwith the education system.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Smack
Can you explain what "UoB" and "UoP" is?

If you like UoP then go there. No point doing a foundation year if you can go straight into first year (unless you feel that you are quite weak at maths and physics, and that an extra year focusing on them would help), and the Russell Group doesn't seem to be of particular concern to people outwith the education system.

University of Birmingham and University of Portsmouth

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending