The Student Room Group

EPQ Question

Currently finalising my EPQ question, planning to write it in the next few weeks. Is 'How does biology influence human mate choice?' a good EPQ question or should it be more specific or have a clear argument? Was also considering 'Do social or biological factors have a greater influence on human mate selection?'
Thoughts?
Thanks!
It needs to have a clear debate. Your second question sounds better.
Original post by DrawTheLine

No it doesn't, design or investigative problems like the first question are fine. They can just mention sociological factors as a potential compounding variable.
Original post by Helloworld_95
No it doesn't, design or investigative problems like the first question are fine. They can just mention sociological factors as a potential compounding variable.

I had to change my question twice because it wasn't clear enough as a debate.
Reply 4

I got an A* in my EPQ and my topic was not a debate. It was more "what are the effects of..." so was more investigative/explorative. My point is that, in my experience, EPQs do not necessarily need to be set up as a debate to get high marks
Reply 5
If you were going to use the first question I would consider rephrasing as 'what are the biological influences of.../ how do biological factors influence...' :smile: good luck!!
I had to change my question twice because it wasn't clear enough as a debate.

Did your teacher tell you to do that or was it rejected? Because I did mine on a non-debate topic and had no problems
Original post by Helloworld_95
Did your teacher tell you to do that or was it rejected? Because I did mine on a non-debate topic and had no problems

Several teachers at my school told me it. I tried doing it as a non-debate and told I could but it would get low marks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending