The Student Room Group

17 and want a baby

So I’m 17 have a job I have a boyfriend but I’m so like lonely I see him only fridays and I feel like I need something that’s like mine and I just feel like it would be good for me?
And I know everyone’s probably thinking I’m too young I’m very mature for my age and I know a lot of mothers that are young and good parents
Does anyone else feel the same
Is this normal

Scroll to see replies

Maybe no a good idea
(edited 6 years ago)
Get a pet, not create a human being to solve your loneliness. Jesus.
Go for what makes you happy and think about whether your decision will lead you somewhere where you'll be happy in the future.
Original post by Foreverconfu
I also don’t think he would approve

rip anonymity
I think it's normal for girls and women of our age to want a baby as it's instinct! I would say though that with having a baby comes the financial and social burdens that a 17 year old in our society may not be ready for but if you feel ready then there is nobody stopping you! Just make sure it's something you and your partner both want and be ready to deal with everything that comes with having a baby e.g have discussions about what it would mean for all your relationships/ your mental wellbeing and continuing education etc. At the end of the day it's your choice as an individual and you must do what's right for you which could mean having a baby and that could also include waiting for a different time in your life X
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by S.H.Rahman
Go for what makes you happy and think about whether your decision will lead you somewhere where you'll be happy in the future.

I feel loke it wouldn’t be ideal but I feel like I have no meaning
Original post by Anonymous
So I’m 17 have a job I have a boyfriend but I’m so like lonely I see him only fridays and I feel like I need something that’s like mine and I just feel like it would be good for me?
And I know everyone’s probably thinking I’m too young I’m very mature for my age and I know a lot of mothers that are young and good parents
Is this normal

Let us know how it goes when you are broke as **** and get no sleep for a long time.
you know most people on here oppose the idea so why are you asking
it's normal to feel this way if you feel you're missing purpose or not getting enough out of your relationship but trust everyone who's saying it's not a good idea at all. finish your education, get a steady career and a long term partner before you think about children
Get a cat
I feel loke it wouldn’t be ideal but I feel like I have no meaning

'I have no meaning'- What do you mean by that?
'I have no meaning'- What do you mean by that?

Like no purpose for much
Reply 13
Keep your bloody knickers on!
Like no purpose for much

Well look forward 10 years into the future and think about an ideal, obtainable goal where you would like to be at then. One of your many purposes would be to go on and achieve that goal and you should do anything thing you can now to help get you there.

Also, do things you enjoy doing! If you don't have much of that right now try to gain some new hobbies. You may gain some new friends in the process which in the future would mean you wouldn't be lonely.
Well look forward 10 years into the future and think about an ideal, obtainable goal where you would like to be at then. One of your many purposes would be to go on and achieve that goal and you should do anything thing you can now to help get you there.

Also, do things you enjoy doing! If you don't have much of that right now try to gain some new hobbies. You may gain some new friends in the process which in the future would mean you wouldn't be lonely.

Thanks for being so kind people are quite nasty about this kind of subject
I’ll take on the advice thanks :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Is this normal

Who is going to raise the baby for you at 17? If you lose your job and your bf slides out, would you become a burden to society as a single mother?

It is understandable for some people to have access to public support, but don't bring a kid to this world when you probably are not grown enough or financially stable enough to take care of yourself. Don't become a victim of the system.
I'd recommend that you get a life before creating one.
Original post by Wired_1800
Who is going to raise the baby for you at 17? If you lose your job and your bf slides out, would you become a burden to society as a single mother?

It is understandable for some people to have access to public support, but don't bring a kid to this world when you probably are not grown enough or financially stable enough to take care of yourself. Don't become a victim of the system.

Thats the right way to say it!!!
If you have to get something, then get a dog.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending