The Student Room Group

I am a Muslim British Somali Girl, Ask me anything!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 13118710
omg how is the relationships with the blick muslims

By relationships if you mean friends then i have good black friends but if you mean as in bfs i have never had one with anyone, let alone somali boys, they are all weird where i am from
Original post by Taz554:-)
Some of that is too personal im afraid... Sorry (e-safety and dat) but i have encountered racist bullies, on more than 15 occasions. Physically Mentally and emotionally. Although i have learnt to deal with it, people nowadays are like that. I have been called to much to account really. I almost got acid thrown in my face but the police intervened. I have been called stupid things like the mother of ISIS and stuff worse but i just push the haters away coz otherwise, how are you gonna fight em off? Kill em with kindness as i say :smile:

Thats actually **** ,Eventhough I dont know u but I swear the moment I read your message, wanted to punch those people(if they r even called people).
But I feel so nice that u have patience in yourself and u faced it with bravery, Its very rare to find such strength to bare emotional attacks. :redface: :hugs:
Original post by Pink_Sparkles
Thats actually **** ,Eventhough I dont know u but I swear the moment I read your message, wanted to punch those people(if they r even called people).
But I feel so nice that u have patience in yourself and u faced it with bravery, Its very rare to find such strength to bare emotional attacks. :redface: :hugs:

Thank you so much and there should be so much more ppl in the world like you because you ARE genuinely a caring and amazing person and i am so grateful to have people like you behind me... You are acc the best!!!! Hug returned :hugs:
Thank you so much and there should be so much more ppl in the world like you because you ARE genuinely a caring and amazing person and i am so grateful to have people like you behind me... You are acc the best!!!! Hug returned :hugs:

Your welcome, dw so much, I know how u feel and I feel very proud as a Muslim to know that u have so much tolerance in yourself, its very rare to find it nowadays, idk why I m saying the same thing again and again but I just feel very nice knowing that a fellow Muslimah has so much bravery Mashallah :h:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 104
Ive seen a somali girl at a weeding last week and i couldnt speak directly with her but now i got the number from a friend. What should i write her
Wanna ****? allah akbar
Original post by MUF
Ive seen a somali girl at a weeding last week and i couldnt speak directly with her but now i got the number from a friend. What should i write her

dont try to act hard or big because from my experience, we hate it? Try to talk to her in a friendly way... Start with something like, "Hey, Whatsup?" I saw you at the wedding last week and i just wanted to talk 2 u..." or something like that. The thing that we hate the most are f*ckboys :tongue:
Original post by Omzie
What do you think of half somali/yemeni??

Sorry i didn't c your comment... I know a yemeni somali and he is one of my good friends, known him for 9 yrs and tbfh he is one of the most caring people ik! So from my experience they are rlly nice ppl!!! Abnd they are cute tbh:colone:
omg hey blondie, how have u been? i see that this thread is still going strong
what made you believe in islam?
Original post by jamesgillian123
what made you believe in islam?

Everything to do with it, it's peace and imma stick with it till i die. why do u ask? Not being patronizing or anything...
Original post by AKA2234
omg hey blondie, how have u been? i see that this thread is still going strong

Good and thanks, where did you get blondie from doe:biggrin:
Original post by Travis Ryan
Wanna ****? allah akbar

um no thanks....
Everything to do with it, it's peace and imma stick with it till i die. why do u ask? Not being patronizing or anything...

because many people associate islam with terrorism, sexism, homophobia, and unequal rights so i was wondering your opinion, when you say everything to do with it is that including terrorism, sexism, homophobia, and unequal rights? Also were you born into islam or were you brought into the faith?
Good and thanks, where did you get blondie from doe:biggrin:

i kinda remember u saying that u were a 'Legally Blonde' fan, so blondie came to my head
Original post by jamesgillian123
because many people associate islam with terrorism, sexism, homophobia, and unequal rights so i was wondering your opinion, when you say everything to do with it is that including terrorism, sexism, homophobia, and unequal rights? Also were you born into islam or were you brought into the faith?

I was born into Islam.
1. Every single religion on earth has terrorism or extremists in their religion so people shouldn't just look at the negatives of a religion. Zoroastrianism has some equally scary people and that is something coming from a tiny minority. Less that 0.5% of muslims have extremist agenda's and even if they do, it has nothing to do with Islam, they just want power and try to use Islam as their reasoning behind their rubbish...

2. Sexism is present in the Islamic World, however that is due to culture and religion clash and people also use verses of the Quran, switch it from it's historical context to keep their agenda alive so sexism is alive but not as prevalent as it was before as people are understanding culture is the main influential. The Niqab and Burka are not talked about anywhere in the Quran or any other religious text, it is simply a different part of some people's worship.

3. Homophobia is VERY much alive however it is not what it seems. There is no concrete text that says that homosexual activity is punishable by stoning. I understand being LGBTQ+ are in people's nature and i stand with people like that but many don't because of the picture that is being painted by the Sharia law and other high positions o power that curse or do not agree with homosexuality.

4. Unequal Rights is a massive problem these days with Muslims. I am not a Conspiracy Theorist and i do not believe that everything is set up, but i believe that the people creating atrocities in this modern day and age are just scared about who they are and why they are the person they are. This creates a bad image painted on Muslims that damages how people think of Islam and their perspective on the Religion as a whole...

OK, That is enough for one day :-P
I was born into Islam.
1. Every single religion on earth has terrorism or extremists in their religion so people shouldn't just look at the negatives of a religion. Zoroastrianism has some equally scary people and that is something coming from a tiny minority. Less that 0.5% of muslims have extremist agenda's and even if they do, it has nothing to do with Islam, they just want power and try to use Islam as their reasoning behind their rubbish...

2. Sexism is present in the Islamic World, however that is due to culture and religion clash and people also use verses of the Quran, switch it from it's historical context to keep their agenda alive so sexism is alive but not as prevalent as it was before as people are understanding culture is the main influential. The Niqab and Burka are not talked about anywhere in the Quran or any other religious text, it is simply a different part of some people's worship.

3. Homophobia is VERY much alive however it is not what it seems. There is no concrete text that says that homosexual activity is punishable by stoning. I understand being LGBTQ+ are in people's nature and i stand with people like that but many don't because of the picture that is being painted by the Sharia law and other high positions o power that curse or do not agree with homosexuality.

4. Unequal Rights is a massive problem these days with Muslims. I am not a Conspiracy Theorist and i do not believe that everything is set up, but i believe that the people creating atrocities in this modern day and age are just scared about who they are and why they are the person they are. This creates a bad image painted on Muslims that damages how people think of Islam and their perspective on the Religion as a whole...

OK, That is enough for one day :-P

Where you said we shouldnt just look at the negatives of a religion, i dont see you making a positive comment about zorastrianism but just negative ones.

"Less that 0.5% of muslims have extremist agenda's" - ehm no.
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/08/09/muslims-and-islam-key-findings-in-the-u-s-and-around-the-world/
Almost half of the muslim population are for sharia law - sharia law includes barbaric practices like throwing gay people off buildings and losing your hands for stealing.

"they just want power and try to use Islam as their reasoning behind their rubbish..." - Islam is literally the most if not the only motive for isis and al qaeda, they are true muslims. they follow the qur'an literally and while its quite a stupid reason to commit terrorism based off some old book that is not the point. They are following the same religion as regular muslims, only difference is that the regular muslims cherry pick things in the qur'an that they like.

"Sexism is present in the Islamic World, however that is due to culture and religion clash and people also use verses of the Quran" - it doesnt matter why, there is sexism in islam, and people dont like that... another reason why people dislike it and many of its people.

"I understand being LGBTQ+ are in people's nature and i stand with people like that but many don't because of the picture that is being painted by the Sharia law" - people are against homosexuality in 2017, thats how far behind in knowledge and understanding people are. As stated earlier half the muslim population are for sharia law so that means some if not all of those people are against homosexuals because it says it in a book written a thousand years ago.
Original post by AKA2234
i kinda remember u saying that u were a 'Legally Blonde' fan, so blondie came to my head

ohhhhhhhhhhh hahaha :smile:
Well, being gay is against the muslim religion so please respect peoples;s beliefs. ^.^
I'm a somali-yemeni! Do you think they're nice? =D

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending