The Student Room Group

Why do some teachers never seem to make the effort to stop bullying?

Saw a tweet on twitter about this subject that made my think, why are some teachers so bad at dealing with it? They don’t seem to be arsed or care about it, thinking that telling them off is going to stop it. It’s time punishments toughened up a bit, whilst children shouldn’t be hit, some teachers are way too ****ing soft nowadays. No wonder so many teachers struggle to get the respect they deserve, they’re too scared to be a bit nasty. Every single scary teacher at my school wasn’t particularly liked, but my word they could teach and deal with misbehaving students, as their student’s exam results show.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BrianMcEgg
Saw a tweet on twitter about this subject that made my think, why are some teachers so bad at dealing with it? They don’t seem to be arsed or care about it, thinking that telling them off is going to stop it. It’s time punishments toughened up a bit, whilst children shouldn’t be hit, some teachers are way too ****ing soft nowadays. No wonder so many teachers struggle to get the respect they deserve, they’re too scared to be a bit nasty. Every single scary teacher at my school wasn’t particularly liked, but my word they could teach and deal with misbehaving students, as their student’s exam results show.

What do you really expect teachers to do? Some kids don't care.
Reply 2
Original post by Tiger Rag
What do you really expect teachers to do? Some kids don't care.

Have some spine at least
If a kid is clearly being bullied the teachers should drag them out of class by the scruff of the neck. Bullies should be straight up excluded
Sadly a lot of schools only care about grades
Reply 5
They don't care, their lives are hard enough.
Original post by Guru Jason
If a kid is clearly being bullied the teachers should drag them out of class by the scruff of the neck. Bullies should be straight up excluded

depends on how srs it is , no need to go that far
Original post by Ray_Shadows
depends on how srs it is , no need to go that far

Its called sarcasm (I hope)
Reply 8
Original post by Guru Jason

Agree, it’s the only way students will feel safe at school
Agree, it’s the only way students will feel safe at school

or you know you could teach students to stick up for themselves and not raise a society of weaklings and feebles
or you know you could teach students to stick up for themselves and not raise a society of weaklings and feebles

It's nothing to do with that.

I used to know someone who stood up for himself one day. He was the one who got punished.
It's nothing to do with that.

I used to know someone who stood up for himself one day. He was the one who got punished.

well that's bs , how so

Because most of these bullies tend to have a PE Teacher they can run to for protection if they get reprimanded by another teacher for bullying. That's what I've seen and the experience of many others that I've spoken to.

Yeah because that works each time 🙄 the reaction actually encourages them
Yeah because that works each time 🙄 the reaction actually encourages them

worked in my school , victims learned to stand up for themselves and bullying gradually decreased
well that's bs , how so

suspended for fighting back
the sad thing is the bullied usually get in trouble for standing up for themselves, atleast in my experience
worked in my school , victims learned to stand up for themselves and bullying gradually decreased

Do that in my previous secondary school, and prepare to be verbally (and mildly physically )beaten to **** by a low-life PE teacher.
suspended for fighting back

lmfao your school is stupid then , also he didn't have to fight back just tell him to grow some balls and tell the bully to **** of

Good for you, it didn’t work at mine at all

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending