The Student Room Group

The UCAS deadline is today but i have a problem with my reference section-HELP ASAP

I am on a gap year and have done UCAS. I have contacted my ex tutor a couple of days ago for a reference and he was more than happy to provide me with one. However, today i see this message on my reference section :"Your centre has not yet made a decision.
As soon as your centre makes a decision, it will be displayed here.

Time is running out i don't know what to do

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Blackstarr
I am on a gap year and have done UCAS. I have contacted my ex tutor a couple of days ago for a reference and he was more than happy to provide me with one. However, today i see this message on my reference section :"Your centre has not yet made a decision.
As soon as your centre makes a decision, it will be displayed here.

Time is running out i don't know what to do

centre? did you apply through the school? the reason i'm asking because I asked my tutor as well but i was an independent applicant and I had to nominate them. they had to accept my request and then they were able to fill this out for me.

i'm a bit confused.
Reply 2
Original post by rezzie87
centre? did you apply through the school? the reason i'm asking because I asked my tutor as well but i was an independent applicant and I had to nominate them. they had to accept my request and then they were able to fill this out for me.

i'm a bit confused.

I am confused myself.

I did not apply through the school. however at the end i attached my college and typed in the buzzword. I literally did what the video told me too on the UCAS website.
Reply 3

i'm a bit confused.

Evert hing else on my UCAS is ticked apart from the reference section. the refrence section has green dots on it which represent that it is in progress but i don't know whether that is a good thing or a bad thing. Without my reference i cant pay to send my UCAS off :frown:
Reply 4
I am confused myself.

I did not apply through the school. however at the end i attached my college and typed in the buzzword. I literally did what the video told me too on the UCAS website.

Oh, ok. This might be trickier. When you type the buzzword it's like your applying through the centre, as you would normally do in Y13. I guess someone in your school might be holding your application since you're not a student there anymore. Did you try to ring the school?
Reply 5

i'm a bit confused.

Evert hing else on my UCAS is ticked apart from the reference section. the refrence section has green dots on it which represent that it is in progress but i don't know whether that is a good thing or a bad thing. Without my reference i cant pay to send my UCAS off
Reply 6
wait, hold on. your tutor wrote your reference right. did they attach it to the application? if you see green dots it means it's not submitted, only your referee can mark the section as completed
Reply 7
wait, hold on. your tutor wrote your reference right. did they attach it to the application? if you see green dots it means it's not submitted, only your referee can mark the section as completed

They did not submit anything. I don't know what is going on.

I attached my application to my college and my referee is my ex tutor.
Reply 8
They did not submit anything. I don't know what is going on.

I attached my application to my college and my referee is my ex tutor.

contact them ASAP. they need to do it otherwise you can't proceed
Reply 9
sorry, wish i could help more but it's really up to them
you have got less than an hour left so you need to contact your tutor ASAP!!!!!
I am confused myself.

Evert hing else on my UCAS is ticked apart from the reference section. the refrence section has green dots on it which represent that it is in progress but i don't know whether that is a good thing or a bad thing. Without my reference i cant pay to send my UCAS off

You're applying through a centre if you used a buzzword

YOU NEED TO CALL UCAS NOW AND GET THEM TO CHANGE YOUR APPLICATION TO AN INDIVIDUAL APPLICATION SO THAT YOU CAN SUBMIT IT WITHOUT A REFERENCE.

Stop posting on TSR and RING UCAS. You are wasting time.
You probably shouldn't have left it this late tbh... But I'd just contact them.
Original post by PQ
You're applying through a centre if you used a buzzword

YOU NEED TO CALL UCAS NOW AND GET THEM TO CHANGE YOUR APPLICATION TO AN INDIVIDUAL APPLICATION SO THAT YOU CAN SUBMIT IT WITHOUT A REFERENCE.

Stop posting on TSR and RING UCAS. You are wasting time.

oK I AM CALLING NOW ACTUALLY THEY ARE TAKING THEIR TIME
they are taking their bloof time and wasting my credit :frown:
Ugh Im in a similar position. Procrastination is a ***** :/.
they are taking their bloof time and wasting my credit :frown:

It's close to the deadline - the phones were free earlier on.
Original post by PQ
It's close to the deadline - the phones were free earlier on.

the guy on the phone said i can send my application without reference but i am risking it cuz i never emailed any univercities.

he also said i can provide a reference without college now but it would be too late

which one do i do.

I don't have ayone to do a quick thing reference for me now

how about sending it off without referenec and tomorrow contacting each univercity about it?
the guy on the phone said i can send my application without reference but i am risking it cuz i never emailed any univercities.

he also said i can provide a reference without college now but it would be too late

which one do i do.

I don't have ayone to do a quick thing reference for me now

how about sending it off without referenec and tomorrow contacting each univercity about it?

You have no choice - you have to assume that your choices will accept your application without a reference

You need UCAS to switch your application to an INDIVIDUAL application so that you can submit your application without a reference. You weren't ringing UCAS for their advice - you were ringing them to get them to CHANGE your application from a buzzword application to an Individual application. Until that is done you cannot send your application to ucas.
Original post by PQ
You have no choice - you have to assume that your choices will accept your application without a reference

You need UCAS to switch your application to an INDIVIDUAL application so that you can submit your application without a reference. You weren't ringing UCAS for their advice - you were ringing them to get them to CHANGE your application from a buzzword application to an Individual application. Until that is done you cannot send your application to ucas.

I did :smile: just about to pay and send thanks for the replies

will get back to you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending