The Student Room Group

How good are you at your uni course?

Are you one of the best in your course, one of the worst or somewhere in the middle?
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

have to study as if my life depends on it to scrape a 2:1
Out of interest, how do you know you're in the 95th percentile?
Doesn't sound like you're on a very good course if there is only a handful of students who are "bright". Being top 5% out of a bunch of thickos is rather unimpressive, to be frank.

And don't you worry about how I am doing.
Must be a horrific uni
I'm okay, I think. I hardly revise, so I'm not doing as well as I could be. I thought I performed decently in the test (would have been better if only I remembered to apply a continuity correction to the CLT!). I don't know how I am in comparison to others, because the only way I'd know is if I'd ask how everyone had performed, but I don't speak to most people.
Looooooool, explains the 95th percentile. London met is truly horrific
Yeah, but you said a handful on your course (i.e. the mechanical engineering course at your uni) rather than mechanical engineering per se. Maths at Edinburgh Napier is dossier than French at Edinburgh.

And your course has the 3rd highest rate of firsts. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/universityeducation/11613261/Top-10-subjects-for-first-class-degrees.html?frame=2276252 There are few subjects where it is even possible for someone to get 90%, never mind several people every year managing it.
Do you have any women on your course? They knew what they signed up for ...

But seriously, your uni just isn't good or are you a savant?
Are we talking Cambridge or Aston here? One is worth shouting about, one is not.
Are they hounded, or are the engineering lads too meek and dweeby to claim the prize?
won't refuse class lists

It's your uni which is ******ed, eh?
Is that why they say they won't do class lists, though?

I imagine it would actually be helpful to a great many of middling students who spaz out thinking they're crap (as the people they hear talk about grades are those boys who got them firsts). They might think everyone must therefore be beating a 64% but the full picture will settle them nerves. For the 48%s, well, not gonna be awfully helpful -- maybe tells them they're bombing it but they're not alone?
You will be able to request overall degree classification stats in the same vein as your module-specific request, won't you?

My postgrad does the class list, with our anonymised unique assessment numbers attached. Last year's was just sent to all LLMs past and present and only about 6 out of 110 got 70%+ -- so this is gonna be good. But a great grouping of mediocrity at around 55%. I can only imagine it is useful for them to know they did actually quite average, although you'd at first glance suspect they'd be bottom 1 or 2, and that getting a high grade is incredibly difficult on our course.
Not hating, but this sarcasm screams "I go to bad uni, but not as bad as london met"
Original post by tylerthegoat
Not hating, but this sarcasm screams "I go to bad uni, but not as bad as london met"

Or OP is just using the standard TSR joke and psychoanalysis, especially done by a sixth form student, is not prone to accurate results?

Good try, though, buddie.
Not here for hate lol
Original post by Notorious_B.I.G.
Or OP is just using the standard TSR joke and psychoanalysis, especially done by a sixth form student, is not prone to accurate results?

Good try, though, buddie.

I can tell you're still holding a grudge from that other thread :biggrin:
I'm in the 70th percentile unfortunately, but it was due to some STDs that I got during freshers that prevented me from achieving my full potential. It was hard to focus during exams :frown:(((

-Sid
Student at the University of Central Lancashire
Achieving a 3 year degree in Sexual Health Studies
Original post by tylerthegoat
I can tell you're still holding a grudge from that other thread :biggrin:

Hand on heart, I actually don't know who you are. Maybe my subconscious has a vendetta?

Well, yeah, that's what I meant. The actual percentages are incredibly insightful.

Does Unistats do the whole year group? And yeah, my pal was the same; used to lie to people about getting a shite grade just so others would feel safe and tell him what they got. Asians, man; animals.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending