The Student Room Group

Is it possible to blag your way into a uni if you miss the grades slightly?

My offer for Cardiff University is BBB - it was ABB, but they sent me a letter saying that If I put them as my firm choice they would drop the offer as I am "strongly suited to the course". I'm a capable student, but I have a lot of anxiety about missing these grades slightly. If I ended up achieving two B's and a C, could I ring the uni on results day and effectively attempt to blag my way in? Has that been done before? Any replies appreciated :smile:
Original post by Greyfeather1
My offer for Cardiff University is BBB - it was ABB, but they sent me a letter saying that If I put them as my firm choice they would drop the offer as I am "strongly suited to the course". I'm a capable student, but I have a lot of anxiety about missing these grades slightly. If I ended up achieving two B's and a C, could I ring the uni on results day and effectively attempt to blag my way in? Has that been done before? Any replies appreciated :smile:

Lots of people get into courses in results day without quite making the grades, often without having to contact the uni them self (from what I’ve seen anyway). Although you can never say for certain whether a uni will let you in they would rather have somebody there with lower grades than have nobody as then they wouldn’t get your fees
Original post by Greyfeather1

You can't 'blag your way in' but the University get the results early and will already have made a decision whether to allow 'near miss' offer holders in or not. So you might get an acceptance even if you miss the offer. But if you miss the offer and get rejected, they've already done their thinking about your case and have compared you with the other near misses and they won't change their minds.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending