The Student Room Group

Would you ever marry your cousin?

My friend told me not long ago that she has the biggest crush on her first cousin and I was a bit shocked that she wanted to marry him. If she wants to, that’s cool with me.

I personally wouldn’t. And thankfully, i don’t have parents that would ever force me or even try to arrange me with a cousin.

Would you date/marry your cousin? Especially first
Whats the wink for
None are in my age range so I can't even imagine myself in such a situation but....9/10 times, nope, nada, zilch, never happening.
Jheinexx, you're intellectually challenged.
Reply 4
:erm: I might, I might not...Allahu Alam.
I think kyber ninja is talking about the fact that ‘we’ middle eastern‘ aren’t shocked by cousins marrying each other because it’s normal for us to do such a thing (personally I would never but it’s kind of tradition or something)
Original post by h333
:erm: yes.

Wouldn’t you be embarrassed to tell people that you’ve married your cousin? (pls don’t take it as hate, i’m just curious)
Reply 7
Original post by Jheinexx
Wouldn’t you be embarrassed to tell people that you’ve married your cousin? (pls don’t take it as hate, i’m just curious)

Well I’ve just deleted that because I’m not sure tbh.
If I was to marry my first cousin- no I wouldn’t be embarrassed at all, especially as my parents are not cousins so it’s not bad. If my parents were first cousins then I’d probably avoid tbh. I doubt I’ll end up marrying any of my cousin anyway...but Allah knows best.
Original post by h333
Well I’ve just deleted that because I’m not sure tbh.
If I was to marry my first cousin- no I wouldn’t be embarrassed at all, especially as my parents are not cousins so it’s not bad. If my parents were first cousins then I’d probably avoid tbh. I doubt I’ll end up marrying any of my cousin anyway...but Allah knows best.

Probably? So there could be a chance that you would marry them even if your parents were first cousins? I see
Reply 9
I can't stand any of my cousins.
My friend told me not long ago that she has the biggest crush on her first cousin and I was a bit shocked that she wanted to marry him. If she wants to, that’s cool with me.

I personally wouldn’t. And thankfully, i don’t have parents that would ever force me or even try to arrange me with a cousin.

Would you date/marry your cousin? Especially first

Is your friend for real? Hopefully, she isn’t getting pressurised into this relationship/marriage? There’s a reason we don’t marry within the family ~ as there’s a bigger risk in affecting potential children. 👎🏽
Original post by MKaur18
Is your friend for real? Hopefully, she isn’t getting pressurised into this relationship/marriage? There’s a reason we don’t marry within the family ~ as there’s a bigger risk in affecting potential children. 👎🏽

Yep. She genuinely likes him. She wants this guy more than her parents do. Yes that’s what made me a bit shocked at the beginning and because you hardly hear people raised in the uk wanting to marry their cousin
Reply 12
Probably? So there could be a chance that you would marry them even if your parents were first cousins? I see

Perhaps yh chance is there. But if my parents and my grandparents were cousins then tbh I would avoid. According to Islam it shouldn’t be repeated over generations as there are often health concerns if first cousin marriages continue over several generations.
Reply 13
Yep. She genuinely likes him. She wants this guy more than her parents do. Yes that’s what made me a bit shocked at the beginning and because you hardly hear people raised in the uk wanting to marry their cousin

I know quite a few people in the UK who are fine with marrying their cousins. It depends on the individual and how they are with their cousins I guess.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending