The Student Room Group

Im a muslim girl, 17, wears a headscarf.. any questions? Ask way?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Irumcxxx
Do you wear clothes when you shower?

nope , do u take a hijab of in public
Reply 21
Original post by Ray_Shadows
nope , do u take a hijab of in public

Do you walk around naked in public?
Jeez.

Angst here or what.

I wear the hijabi too - I don't think it makes me different to anyone else... after all, we are all human.
But am I treated differently? On occasions, yes. I have been ignored a lot in stores i.e. 'do you want a sample of this perfume' or 'can I interest you in a new deal we have' - this happens a lot. Ironically, a non-hijabi before/after me is approached, but not myself. I mean, whatever, they have lost a sale... I buy impulsively so I am a great target!

I have had abuse off people, 'go back to your country' blah blah... often ignore it but other times I do respond with a 'me no spek englaz' or 'b*tch, did you leave India in one piece, during 1947'.

Other times, it's just normal. Like I say, we are all humans. But I don't wear the hijab to Uni - no, my parent's don't know - and people treat me A LOT more different. Almost like I have some value.
Do you walk around naked in public?

Does your hijab give you extra headbutting powers
Reply 24
Does your hijab give you extra headbutting powers

I wish it did but no.
I wish it did but no.

I have another question , how do you feel wearing a hijab are u ok with it or does it make u feel uncomfortable
Reply 26
It makes me feel comfortable.. maybe because im use to it but its actually fine. Keeps yours ears warm too :smile:
ok this is really stupid coming from a muslim but i've always wondered , when you shower (if you do that it is) do u take it off or shower with it on , just curious here

r u actually being serious? no one wears it in the house we take it off as soon as we get to our houses lol and wdym 'if you do that is'??
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 28
Original post by sam717
r u actually being serious? no one wears it in the house we take it off as soon as we get to our houses lol and wdym 'if you do that is'??

Trusstttt.. some people just dont have asian friends or are just uneducated!
Trusstttt.. some people just dont have asian friends or are just uneducated!

1) the person who asked that question was your fellow Muslim
2) Asians aren't the group of people you're thinking of - talking to an Asian non-Muslim like myself will make you none the wiser about Muslims
ok this is really stupid coming from a muslim but i've always wondered , when you shower (if you do that it is) do u take it off or shower with it on , just curious here

Lol just read that again and think why women wear hijabs and in what situations they wear them for example at home they may not as they don'

Lol just read that again and think why women wear hijabs and in what situations they wear them for example at home they may not as they don't have to hide their beauty from their immediate family
Original post by jim1999
Lol just read that again and think why women wear hijabs and in what situations they wear them for example at home they may not as they don'

Original post by jim1999
Lol just read that again and think why women wear hijabs and in what situations they wear them for example at home they may not as they don't have to hide their beauty from their immediate family

that's great but why post it twice ?
that's great but why post it twice ?

Accident my g
Have you self pleasured yourself?
Original post by jim1999
Accident my g

nice
are you enjoying the Winter Olympics ? which event do you like ?

:holmes:
Reply 37
Original post by RosieAppleLemon
Jeez.

Angst here or what.

I wear the hijabi too - I don't think it makes me different to anyone else... after all, we are all human.
But am I treated differently? On occasions, yes. I have been ignored a lot in stores i.e. 'do you want a sample of this perfume' or 'can I interest you in a new deal we have' - this happens a lot. Ironically, a non-hijabi before/after me is approached, but not myself. I mean, whatever, they have lost a sale... I buy impulsively so I am a great target!

I have had abuse off people, 'go back to your country' blah blah... often ignore it but other times I do respond with a 'me no spek englaz' or 'b*tch, did you leave India in one piece, during 1947'.

Other times, it's just normal. Like I say, we are all humans. But I don't wear the hijab to Uni - no, my parent's don't know - and people treat me A LOT more different. Almost like I have some value.

Saddd... which area do you live in?
Some people have a hundred questioned up there sleeve but don’t want to ask. You can ask away.. ill reply!

Why is this forum full of basement dwellers?
Reply 39
I wear a scarf when it's cold

Quick Reply

Latest