The Student Room Group

5 years of funding

I did one year at Manchester uni last year and received one year of funding from SFE, but i dropped out. I now have a place to study at University of Leeds and do a 4 year course. I have been told that students are only funded for 4 years? I've heard of 'Gift Years' but I'm not sure if I will be eligible for one? Does anyone know if I will be able to get funding for my 4 years at Leeds?
Original post by annmarion
I did one year at Manchester uni last year and received one year of funding from SFE, but i dropped out. I now have a place to study at University of Leeds and do a 4 year course. I have been told that students are only funded for 4 years? I've heard of 'Gift Years' but I'm not sure if I will be eligible for one? Does anyone know if I will be able to get funding for my 4 years at Leeds?

You get funding for the length of your new course (4 yrs) + a gift year (1 yr) - any previous years of study (1 yr).

So your new course would be funded for 4 years. If you restart again or need to repeat a year then the second additional year wouldn’t be funded (which means no tuition fee loan, you still get the maintenance loan).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending