The Student Room Group

Residency Starus???

So my family is Romanian but we moved to England in 2003. Both my parents are now UK nationals ( as in they have dual citizenship) but I don't.

I've started my application for student finance but I can't get past the 'residency status' section because I'm not sure what to put.

I'm not sure if I should put EU national, settled status or limited leave to remain. I first picked limited leave to remain but it then asks me for an expiry date which I don't have. However I don't think 'settled status' is right because I don't think I have 'indefinite leave to remain', although I've been living in England for the last 15 years and like I said before, my parents are UK nationals.

Basically I'm a little lost.
Original post by Rob.x
So my family is Romanian but we moved to England in 2003. Both my parents are now UK nationals ( as in they have dual citizenship) but I don't.

I've started my application for student finance but I can't get past the 'residency status' section because I'm not sure what to put.

I'm not sure if I should put EU national, settled status or limited leave to remain. I first picked limited leave to remain but it then asks me for an expiry date which I don't have. However I don't think 'settled status' is right because I don't think I have 'indefinite leave to remain', although I've been living in England for the last 15 years and like I said before, my parents are UK nationals.

Basically I'm a little lost.

Hi Rob.x,

I just need to ask a quick question in order to help you there.

What is your nationality? I'm assuming Romanian but just to be sure.

Thank you,

John.
Reply 2
Yes Romanian, sorry I didn't realise I don't mention that

Original post by John B SFE
Hi Rob.x,

I just need to ask a quick question in order to help you there.

What is your nationality? I'm assuming Romanian but just to be sure.

Thank you,

John.
Original post by Rob.x
Yes Romanian, sorry I didn't realise I don't mention that

Thanks for answering that and no need to apologise :smile:.

As you're an EU national who has been living in the UK for over 5 years, you'll be eligible for Student Finance as a home student. You should select EU national on this question.

We will request residency evidence for the passed 5 years once you have applied.

Kind regards,

John.
Reply 4
Thank you so much!!

Original post by John B SFE
Thanks for answering that and no need to apologise :smile:.

As you're an EU national who has been living in the UK for over 5 years, you'll be eligible for Student Finance as a home student. You should select EU national on this question.

We will request residency evidence for the passed 5 years once you have applied.

Kind regards,

John.
Original post by Rob.x
Thank you so much!!

You're very welcome.

Best wishes,

John.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending