The Student Room Group

Feel like boyfriend is pressuring me to kiss him.

I've been with my boyfriend for 6 months now and it was only 2 weeks ago that we had snogged.We were sitting on his bed in his room and he had his arms wrapped around me like hugging me from behind.We just take turns on the ps4 and in between game loading screens he would kind of like pull me down?.However I really don't feel comfortable when he does this.We have kissed before.I feel as though I'm being pressured to kiss him when so don't want to.When he does pull me down I like pull in the opposite direction (to try and hint to him that I don't want to kiss) He's such a lovely boyfriend and I don't know what I would do without him,but I don't want to feel the way I'm feeling.
*This didn't come across clear enough so:
I totally understand it's a part of being in a relationship.It'st sometimes I feel uncomfortable.When we do kiss or "snog" I'm fine with it but when I like turn my cheek to hint like enough or stop he just won't stop kissing me ,on my neck and on my face.
Any ideas on what to do?
He is 14 and I'm 14.We are very sensible and we never do anything sexual thank Christ.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by 3mC0
I've been with my boyfriend for 6 months now and it was only 2 weeks ago that we had snogged.We were sitting on his bed in his room and he had his arms wrapped around me like hugging me from behind.We just take turns on the ps4 and in between game loading screens he would kind of like pull me down?.However I really don't feel comfortable when he does this.We have kissed before.I feel as though I'm being pressured to kiss him when so don't want to.When he does pull me down I like pull in the opposite direction (to try and hint to him that I don't want to kiss) He's such a lovely boyfriend and I don't know what I would do without him,but I don't want to feel the way I'm feeling.

Any ideas on what to do?
He is 14 and I'm 14.We are very sensible and we never do anything sexual thank Christ.

Why don't you want to kiss him? It's a normal part of a relationship.
If you're not comfortable with anything intimate, including kissing, you shouldn't have to do it. Next time he tries pulling you down say that you're not ready, that it's nothing to do with him personally but that you'd like to wait a bit longer.
Original post by DrawTheLine

Precisely,,,sexual intimacy is one of the main thing one gains from a relationship so God knows what OPs got in her mind...
don't kiss before marriage that's what God says :2euk48l::2euk48l::2euk48l::2euk48l::2euk48l::2euk48l::2euk48l::2euk48l:
Reply 5

Yeah I totally understand it's a part of being in a relationship.It's just sometimes I feel uncomfortable.When we do kiss or "snog" I'm fine with it but when I like turn my cheek to hint like enough or stop he just won't stop kissing me ,on my neck and on my face.
Reply 6
Original post by bones-mccoy
If you're not comfortable with anything intimate, including kissing, you shouldn't have to do it. Next time he tries pulling you down say that you're not ready, that it's nothing to do with him personally but that you'd like to wait a bit longer.

Yeah:smile:Thank you
Kiss his ass goodbye
Original post by 3mC0
Yeah I totally understand it's a part of being in a relationship.It's just sometimes I feel uncomfortable.When we do kiss or "snog" I'm fine with it but when I like turn my cheek to hint like enough or stop he just won't stop kissing me ,on my neck and on my face.

Ah, that makes more sense. At first I thought you meant you never liked kissing ever, which was a bit strange. But this makes sense. It's totally fine to not want to kiss all the time - I'm like that with my boyfriend too. I just tell him I'm not in the mood right now and he'll wait until I am. It sounds like you should talk with him and say that sometimes you just don't want to be intimate like that and it's okay, and that you'll feel like it later on. If he doesn't respect that then you need to question if he is right for you. People need to respect their partners and if they can't do that they shouldn't be in a relationship until they learn how to respect the other person.
I don't think he's pressuring you, I think he probably just assumes that this is what couples do and that it's normal to kiss you 'without permission', so if you're not comfortable with that you should tell him. Communication is key! And if he really cares about you he won't get offended by it, as long as you explain it in a way that doesn't insult him, per se :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by bones-mccoy

Yeah,thank you I just don't really know how to put things I want to say in more like gentle words if you get what I mean?:smile:
Reply 11
Original post by 3mC0

Any ideas on what to do?

tell him if you don't want to kiss him then .
Reply 12
Ah, that makes more sense. At first I thought you meant you never liked kissing ever, which was a bit strange. But this makes sense. It's totally fine to not want to kiss all the time - I'm like that with my boyfriend too. I just tell him I'm not in the mood right now and he'll wait until I am. It sounds like you should talk with him and say that sometimes you just don't want to be intimate like that and it's okay, and that you'll feel like it later on. If he doesn't respect that then you need to question if he is right for you. People need to respect their partners and if they can't do that they shouldn't be in a relationship until they learn how to respect the other person.

Ohhh sorry If it didn't come across clear enough.Thank you for the advice:smile:)and yes I will definitely talk to him about it:smile:
Reply 13
Original post by ANM775
tell him if you don't want to kiss him then ...but don't be surprised when he dumps you and starts going out with your best friend or someone instead...

Sorry If it it didn't come across clear enough but I'm fine with kissing him.It's just when we do kiss or snog whatever and I turn my cheek or pull away to stop,he carries on to my neck or jawline/face and I just feel uncomfortable.
Reply 14
Original post by AnnaRainbows
I don't think he's pressuring you, I think he probably just assumes that this is what couples do and that it's normal to kiss you 'without permission', so if you're not comfortable with that you should tell him. Communication is key! And if he really cares about you he won't get offended by it, as long as you explain it in a way that doesn't insult him, per se :smile:

True,Thank you all the advice/help I'm getting is helping:smile:
Reply 15
Original post by 3mC0
Sorry If it it didn't come across clear enough but I'm fine with kissing him.It's just when we do kiss or snog whatever and I turn my cheek or pull away to stop,he carries on to my neck or jawline/face and I just feel uncomfortable.

I would think he should be able to adapt his behavior if you relay what you've just said here to him
Original post by 3mC0

Any ideas on what to do?

just let him know that youre not comfortable with it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending