The Student Room Group

how do you lose weight?

I've started going gym regularly and notice that my appetite has increased and I'm actually eating more. how do people lose weight as I'm staying the same
Reply 1
Yeah I've been told I have low hormone level and yeah I will try to eat less
You have to be in a calorie defecate, meaning that you burn more than you consume. Work out your average daily intake needed to maintain your weight by using you bmi and then east around 200-300 calories less than that. One tip its to not to snack, only eat 3 meals a day.
Original post by Dija51
I've started going gym regularly and notice that my appetite has increased and I'm actually eating more. how do people lose weight as I'm staying the same

Dont over-exercise or push yourself too hard i guess. I used to exercise waaay too much and all it did was exhaust me and increase my appetite, which increased my weight.
Smh you need to eat less. No offence but thats the only way my g.
Reply 5
I burn about 700 calories in gym is that too much or too less?
Original post by Dija51

Your body is burning more calories, so you’ll feel more hungry to replace them! There’s a reason athletes have such a high calorie intake. As said above, work out through height/weight/activity levels, how much your daily recommended calorie intake is. Then subtract around 250ish in order to burn the weight. More if you’d like, but bear in mind skin becomes more loose the faster you lose the weight, which can be annoying.

Best of luck!
Reply 7
Est less than you consume. That’s biologically the only way. Yes you will be hungering for more food than you can eat but that’s the price you have to pay to lose weight. You’ve overconsumed before, now you need to underconsume.
Reply 8
Original post by Dija51
I burn about 700 calories in gym is that too much or too less?

Impossible to answer. If that+your other daily expenditure is more than what you est, then yes.
Reply 9
Currently eating a chocolate bar...
Google 'TDEE'. It's your total daily energy expenditure, aka how much energy you actually burn a day. If you eat over this amount of calories, you gain weight, if you eat on it, you lose weight and if you eat under your TDEE you lose weight. It doesn't have to be drastic, just count your calories and have a slight deficit eg. 200 calories less a day than you usually eat. Going to the gym is just an extra way to burn even more calories. The app MyFitnessPal is good for counting.

Quick Reply

Latest