The Student Room Group

Piercing advice!

Help! So basically I am desperate to get a cartilage piercing but my parents are very against it, which I don’t really understand because they let my get 2 piercings in each lobe. Any advice for how to convince them? Or should I just get it done and hope they won’t notice since I don’t need parental permission at a piercing shop as I’m 16?? Help please!!
If you have ID to prove your age to the piercer then you should be fine to go right ahead. It is legally okay to do it without their permission at 16 in the UK, so if you really want it done then it's only their decision if you let it be theirs. It's up to you ultimately and I'd advise if you go through with it that you make sure they're aware you don't actually need their permission before you have it done. Other than that it's down to if you are prepared to deal with the aftermath.
Original post by Anonymous
Help! So basically I am desperate to get a cartilage piercing but my parents are very against it, which I don’t really understand because they let my get 2 piercings in each lobe. Any advice for how to convince them? Or should I just get it done and hope they won’t notice since I don’t need parental permission at a piercing shop as I’m 16?? Help please!!

Got my nose pierced and my parents hate it but I'm 22 and there's not really anything they can do about it. I used my own money though, probably wouldn't recommend using your parents' money to pay for something you know they don't approve of. Also I don't live with my parents anymore which helps.
My mum was against my piercings too, I got my belly pierced when I was 17 and I was hiding it until I turned 18
If I was you I'd probably get it done and just make sure they don't notice
When I was in secondary school I got my industrial piercing done and piercing was not allowed so I had to make sure my teachers don't see it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending