The Student Room Group

How do I get guys to like me?

So just want to start by saying by no means am I dying for a boyfriend and think they are essential at my age.
I'm in secondary school and get good grades, so to most boys I am a nerd. However, the only reason I'm quiet is because i don't like approaching people - I'll chat if they talk to me.
How do i get guys to actually take the time to talk to me rather than consider me as a nerd? I'm quite quiet so please don't suggest going partying or wearing slutty tops etc :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Keep meeting people is all I can say. I'm a big one for dating friends tbh, not overly fond of the idea of actively looking for a partner and dating after just less than a month of knowing each other.

Eventually you'll meet someone who sees you as their type. :smile:
Just be yourself and be more confident. Rather than wait for them to talk, talk to them yourself. Guys like confident girls so being nice and confident would attract guys.

P.S. I'm a Guy
Original post by screamingicecube
Keep meeting people is all I can say. I'm a big one for dating friends tbh, not overly fond of the idea of actively looking for a partner and dating after just less than a month of knowing each other.

Eventually you'll meet someone who sees you as their type. :smile:

Thanks, how do i meet new people then? Yeah i get what you mean :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Don't lie to yourself. You don't have to become someone you are not. Time will come just be patient and you will meet the right person.
Reply 5
If you're quiet, withdrawn, reserved and so on it does make you less approachable. That's just how it is. Occasionally you'll come across the odd person who takes it upon themselves to get closer to you, but for everyone else you might want to work on being a little more open - if that's the problem :smile:
Loads of ways to meet new people, starting a new hobby is a great one. I know a few friends who go Karate and have found someone to be with.

Also, with the idea of talking to guys, most quiet guys are exactly the same as you, want a girlfriend but too shy to ask, so just try to get a little closer to them, if you're smart, then you can help people learn, I find it a great way to talk to people and they usually appreciate the help, if you're feeling particularly bold, start a study club to help people in subjects, if you know any other smart people who would help out then that would be great, then you'll talk to loads of people and might find something more with one of them.
Also, most boys won't look at you as nerdy, they'll look at you as smart, don't forget that.
(edited 5 years ago)
the only way is to wear some slutty ass stuff and tease the guys. If you have glasses get contacts. Don't be fat and have prominent features if you know what i mean. Show confidence by talking to guys as they like confidence. These are just some of the little things you have to do and you will get any guy. This is because this is just how guys pick their mate as explained using animalistic examples. The male specimen will look for the opposite sex with the most desirable characteristics to produce the most fertile offspring and thus natural selection. (also works vice versa)
thecreator197, please list all of your good points amd we'll see what we have to work with. It'll probably be a case of a few little changes, tweaks, to bring some of your good points to the surface. To make them more apparent, but not in an over-stated way. And to build up your self-esteem and confidence that you are entitled to a circle of the highest quality male friends.
Original post by Anonymous
the only way is to wear some slutty ass stuff and tease the guys. If you have glasses get contacts. Don't be fat and have prominent features if you know what i mean. Show confidence by talking to guys as they like confidence. These are just some of the little things you have to do and you will get any guy. This is because this is just how guys pick their mate as explained using animalistic examples. The male specimen will look for the opposite sex with the most desirable characteristics to produce the most fertile offspring and thus natural selection. (also works vice versa)

You must be missing a chromosome or two because you don't have to have your t*ts out to find someone.
Listen to their talk about football and video games like it's really really interesting (not easy I know, but it's the only way short of table-dancing).
Original post by JustSomeRandomer
Don't lie to yourself. You don't have to become someone you are not. Time will come just be patient and you will meet the right person.

okay ty
You must be missing a chromosome or two because you don't have to have your t*ts out to find someone.

thank you

Well i didn't say you had to have your t*ts out i only briefly summed up how society views women and how mostly everyone expects some skin from women in order for them to be approachable. Yes it is possible to find someone without showing skin, but society has gotten to a point where this is almost rare and thus creating late families. but someone is quite salty :smile:
Well i didn't say you had to have your t*ts out i only briefly summed up how society views women and how mostly everyone expects some skin from women in order for them to be approachable. Yes it is possible to find someone without showing skin, but society has gotten to a point where this is almost rare and thus creating late families. but someone is quite salty :smile:

From your post, all you pretty much did was insinuate that you have to get your t*ts out to do so. And I am not salty I just think it was a stupid thing to say.
From your post, all you pretty much did was insinuate that you have to get your t*ts out to do so. And I am not salty I just think it was a stupid thing to say.

Well whatever, but you can't deny that the method specified is an easy way for attraction to occur. I don't see why many people can just admit what's happening today, everyone doesn't seem to be able to bear the truth for some reason.
Well whatever, but you can't deny that the method specified is an easy way for attraction to occur. I don't see why many people can just admit what's happening today, everyone doesn't seem to be able to bear the truth for some reason.

I understand that people may feel this way but I just thought it was stupid to straight up become a **** if anything that will only deter the nice men who want to keep their dignity.
Original post by thecreator197
Thanks, how do i meet new people then? Yeah i get what you mean :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Doing what you've been doing so far, online forums, meeting friends of your friends, etc. :')
You could also consider doing NCS if you're old enough, if you're fortunate you may find a bunch of people you don't know who you share common interests with. Once you go to uni it may also be a good idea to check out some societies :>
lol girl i got you. i am very quiet as well and i really really wanted a boyfriend in secondary school. Just be confident with yourself, post selfies on instagram. snapchat some of them so they can get to know you more. also, be really close with your friends and show it in front of boys so they can see that you are a cool person. obviously be yourself, smile at them when they walk past you. do these little things first and they might find it easier to approach you.

This girl wants a boyfriend. That behaviour will not attract a boyfriend, purely sexual attention. Yeah, this would work if she wanted sexual attention, and sexual attention only, however she wants a boy to like her.

I guarantee that if she gets confident and acts herself, if she starts talking to a boy regularly that that boy will get a crush on her. It's impossible not to at this age, unless she's like really overweight or unattractive.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending