The Student Room Group

16 and steroids

I've been going for the gym on and off for a year now and even though I have seen some results my body is nowhere near wher I want it to be in terms of muscle. I have come to the conclusion that my only way of achieving this being a lazy **** that I am is to to take steroids to maximise growth when I do go to the gym. I have researched steroids and the risks seem minor if I don't abuse them. Can I just get some advice different from don't do them!! As my mates have said this but when I tell them information on it they can't reply

Scroll to see replies

Original post by _billy
I've been going for the gym on and off for a year now and even though I have seen some results my body is nowhere near wher I want it to be in terms of muscle. I have come to the conclusion that my only way of achieving this being a lazy **** that I am is to to take steroids to maximise growth when I do go to the gym. I have researched steroids and the risks seem minor if I don't abuse them. Can I just get some advice different from don't do them!! As my mates have said this but when I tell them information on it they can't reply

Using roids because youre too lazy is such a douche move. Not only will they f*ck over your body by the time youre 22 but they will be obviously fake. Especially when youre still growing. You should spend that money on a personal trainer, much more rewarding. You need an incentive though. Dont you do any sport?
Reply 2
At 16 your natural hormone levels are at their peak it would be stupid to irreparably damage your endocrine system at this age. Yes steroids will help you get your dream body but they will hurt you a great deal more than they will help you in the long run. Eat and train right until at least 25 before making the decision on whether or not to use steroids.
Reply 3
Original post by Afforestation
Using roids because youre too lazy is such a douche move. Not only will they f*ck over your body by the time youre 22 but they will be obviously fake. Especially when youre still growing. You should spend that money on a personal trainer, much more rewarding. You need an incentive though. Dont you do any sport?

I'm good at football but can't be asked with giving up my weekend mornings to play and on the steroids being fake I know people in my year who have taken them and have significant difference in physique and they have offered them to me. Also I'm at 6'3 now and haven't grown for like a year
Yeah you don't wanna play with your hormones when you're super young. I'll probably get banned if I talk a lot about them but I've cycled before if you know what I mean. I had naturally high testosterone so it was easy to put on muscle so I made the decision to push it further - And after cycling 3 times I stopped... I'd made insane progress both naturally and unnaturally.

It's like Lee priest says, if you're at the point where you physically can't put on muscle if you're that big - Then use steroids... Up your calories and train hard, pal...

And as a young guy, you won't have good channels to buy through - You might be taken advantage of buying direct at gyms - No online **** either.
Reply 5
Original post by Mphys
At 16 your natural hormone levels are at their peak it would be stupid to irreparably damage your endocrine system at this age. Yes steroids will help you get your dream body but they will hurt you a great deal more than they will help you in the long run. Eat and train right until at least 25 before making the decision on whether or not to use steroids.

Ye thanks for the advice this is making me rethink but I am still unsure will one cycle honestly do that damage?
Original post by _billy
I'm good at football but can't be asked with giving up my weekend mornings to play and on the steroids being fake I know people in my year who have taken them and have significant difference in physique and they have offered them to me. Also I'm at 6'3 now and haven't grown for like a year

What would you even take? HGH can seriously screw people our age up. Some of my road cycling friends have had to pay. Youre going to want to sort yourself out anyway, sh*tty lifestyle is not going to work with steroids. Think about those who put the time and effort in every week and then think of the scumbags who inject their muscle. Personally i couldnt live with myself if i did that. It's different when it's endurance based e.g. blood doping.
Reply 7
Original post by Afforestation
What would you even take? HGH can seriously screw people our age up. Some of my road cycling friends have had to pay. Youre going to want to sort yourself out anyway, sh*tty lifestyle is not going to work with steroids. Think about those who put the time and effort in every week and then think of the scumbags who inject their muscle. Personally i couldnt live with myself if i did that. It's different when it's endurance based e.g. blood doping.

Thing is mate not trying to sound rude but u seem very anti steroids not for health reasons but in terms of sport which gives me the implication that u are angry that people get an advantage on u and u are too scared to take them yourself. I could be wrong though
Reply 8
Juicehead
Reply 9
Original post by _billy
Have you considered the possibility of getting a life?
no not at 16

your endocrine system which regulates your bodies hormones continues developing until 25.

the problem is if you inject hormones into your body it will confuse the endocrine system. that means your testicles will stop producing testosterone. when the endocrine system is not fully developed there's a high chance that your testosterone production might never start again. even with PCT there's no guarantee it will work.

the doctors will say the exact same thing as i said.

don't **** your body up when you're young its not worth it.

if you want higher test read this:
https://www.anabolicmen.com/how-to-increase-testosterone-levels-naturally/

you can easily get them up to 1000ng/DL following that guide. (about equivalent to a TRT dosage)
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by elyptical1
Yeah you don't wanna play with your hormones when you're super young. I'll probably get banned if I talk a lot about them but I've cycled before if you know what I mean. I had naturally high testosterone so it was easy to put on muscle so I made the decision to push it further - And after cycling 3 times I stopped... I'd made insane progress both naturally and unnaturally.

It's like Lee priest says, if you're at the point where you physically can't put on muscle if you're that big - Then use steroids... Up your calories and train hard, pal...

And as a young guy, you won't have good channels to buy through - You might be taken advantage of buying direct at gyms - No online **** either.

Thanks for the advice but I have fears that my testosterone is no where near it's peak and I might as well just say it as this is a fake account my ejaculate is almost see through not white which I read can be a sign of a low sperm count so I really need to know what to do
here's a question

why do you want a fake body
Original post by _billy

Steroids before 25 are extremely risky as your body is still developing; if it is just on and off then go with a fixed 6 day training plan and eat right.
Reply 14
Original post by ayyy2
no not at 16

your endocrine system which regulates your bodies hormones continues developing until 25.

the problem is if you inject hormones into your body it will confuse the endocrine system. that means your testicles will stop producing testosterone. when the endocrine system is not fully developed there's a high chance that your testosterone production might never start again. even with PCT there's no guarantee it will work.

the doctors will say the exact same thing as i said.

don't **** your body up when you're young its not worth it.

if you want higher test read this:
https://www.anabolicmen.com/how-to-increase-testosterone-levels-naturally/

Really helpful thanks mate definitely going off the idea
Reply 15
Original post by Tootles
Have you considered the possibility of getting a life?

What's wrong with having body goals?
Original post by _billy
If i were you I would start with a basic cycle of stanazolol(winstrol); its really good imo. Make sure to be taking liver support supplements such as milk thistle. But without a good diet and adequate sleep you will waste your money
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by omarathon
here's a question

why do you want a fake body

It's not fake just enhanced
Original post by _billy
Thing is mate not trying to sound rude but u seem very anti steroids not for health reasons but in terms of sport which gives me the implication that u are angry that people get an advantage on u and u are too scared to take them yourself. I could be wrong though

Wrong way around haha. I dont mind it in elite sport because pretty much everyone does it anyway and it is about enhancement. However for looks it is not only pathetic but disrespectful to those who really did earn their body.

Latest